Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
01-18-2013, 11:39 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
Thanks for the invite. Sounds like fun and I will be there if I can. I know Feb 9th won't work for me, but you guys just plan for when ever it works for you. Any thoughts as to what part of Mille Lacs you guys are gonna hit? I don't know the area that well and I have only dove in a few areas there. I hit the area just North of Hunters Point and that was sandy with a few softball sized rocks. At that time the ice here was what I think they call "frazzle ice" when we were there. The bottom of the ice was all jagged spikes poking downward from the wind stacking the ice up vertically and then re-freezing. We also dove 3 miles off Macs Twin Bay Resort when Nate recovered that wedding ring for the guy. The last place I dove in Mille Lacs was Graveyard Reef near Isle. There was lots of basketball sized rocks there. I would like to find the big boulders near Isle someday. I hear they are as big as vans. I would also like to hit Hennepin Island or Spirit Island someday. They sound like magnets for anchors... If anyone can stomach looking at another anchor ;D

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge - by DetectorGuy - 01-18-2013, 11:39 PM