Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
01-30-2013, 05:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2013, 05:37 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
So on the 23rd when we go to Mille Lacs, where are we going to dive? Are you guys cool with diving that slot in Isle Bay? Its less than a quarter mile from the boat access so there might be loot from boaters cranking up the throttle as they leave the launch. Like I mentioned earlier, there is plenty of hillside to search there for at least 6 holes without any overlap. The side slope from 15' down to 36' looks about is steep as it gets for Mille Lacs. It would be easy for stragglers to stroll in find everybody. Only caution here would be to use the public access on the West side of Isle Bay and not the public access on the East side of Isle Bay. I drove out with my Jeep from the East access once and because it is a river access... Its kinda hairy (keep the pony on your lap while your driving hairy). I have attached two PDF maps of Mille Lacs. If you zoom into the Isle Bay area of the Southern half map, you can see the trough I was talking about. The 6 coordinates I gave earlier are all ligned up on the SW side of this groove. Here are those coords again if anyone wants to write them down:
Here are coordinates to some possible dive holes 301' from each other that are each centered on the 15' deep "top of the trough" from the Northern most to the Southern most:
N46 08.922' W93 28.782'
N46 08.884' W93 28.735'
N46 08.845' W93 28.690'
N46 08.814' W93 28.636'
N46 08.773' W93 28.594'

There is another nice little submerged peninsula across this narrow trench that is exactly 300' from the last coord shown above. This coord is also at the 15' deep mark:
N46 08.753' W93 28.530'

Here are the coordinates to the West side public access:
N46 08.903' W93 29.090'

If anyone gets bored that day, about 1/2 mile away from those 6 dive holes there is a small 40' long bridge that goes to Malone island that might hold some loot at:
N46 08.854' W93 28.064'

Attached Files
.pdf   Mille Lacs South End.pdf (Size: 1.05 MB / Downloads: 21)
.pdf   Mille Lacs North End.pdf (Size: 1.22 MB / Downloads: 6)
.pdf   Mille Lacs South End.pdf (Size: 1.05 MB / Downloads: 21)
.pdf   Mille Lacs North End.pdf (Size: 1.22 MB / Downloads: 6)
01-30-2013, 05:59 PM,

I wanna dive where Lisa dives....
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
01-30-2013, 07:41 PM,
John,  I am up for anything.  I haven't did any diving in Mille Lacs.  It will all be new to me, no matter where we go.  8)
01-31-2013, 08:14 AM,

I would add, to those driving up. if you see a trail going on to the lake dont assume its for driving, ...even if you see snowmobiles using it. be sure its for vehicles....lest you find your 4-wheel drive truck stuck in 3ft snow drifts. shoveling wont help.....it would be hard to try to explain why you were driving were you didn't belong. ..you also might find it hard to get towed out :Smile
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
01-31-2013, 01:55 PM,
HBDT don't care, HBDT drives and dives where it wants!  ;D HBDT blazes it's own trail for the red and black drysuit lemmings to follow ;D  >Big Grin

All kidding aside, I'm looking forward to diving Mille Lacs. John and I are probably going to camp out on the ice and dive Sun too. He's been busy writing another chapter to the [glow=red,2,300]"Master Dive Plan"[/glow]. Not sure if he's adding any big bangs or shock & awe  :o, but it will be a good time.  8). I will see if I can find some Queen for Terry and Robert, they seem to be really big fans!  :-*

I would add, to those driving up. if you see a trail going on to the lake dont assume its for driving, ...even if you see snowmobiles using it. be sure its for vehicles....lest you find your 4-wheel drive truck stuck in 3ft snow drifts. shoveling wont help.....it would be hard to try to explain why you were driving were you didn't belong. ..you also might find it hard to get towed out :Smile
[/quote]
01-31-2013, 02:46 PM,

With the fever I've got, I know HBDT dont care :Smile I dont care, that they dont care, whatever that ultimately means,,,,right now all I care about is that Nate and John are coming with.

Theres something I need got to get off my chest here, the G-men have been a relatively stable group since the beginning, slowly increasing our numbers, to include,,,, Young Joe, Popo, Robert, stickman JJ, couple jumps a year Jason, and myself. But I'm afraid, its time, for an intervention. I didn't want it to come to this, and was hoping there would be another way, but I'm not seeing it. You guys all know who I'm talking about, as I sit here shaking my head,,,,,,You know there's high adventure, icing in 50mph winds, blizzards, temps well below zero, then there's low adventure, going to get the mail, walking the dog, riding a bicycle. I'm afraid my friend Arcflash has fallen away, ending up about as much "arcflash" as you get jerking the vacuum cleaner cord from the wall while its running. Riding a bicycle is a great summertime activity, and I'm impressed to hear about their 100+ mile runs. 30 years ago I regularly rode 75 miles on a 10 speed Schwinn LeTour, and today own a 27 speed Trec Hybred multitrac  that I get out on a few times a year. (Then theres Lance Armstrong, again shaking my head,,,,way to seriously f..k up your carreer dude! Look out when the post office comes looking for their 100 million in sponsorship, you lying doper!). While we were out icing, we watched a bike "race" lol, out on the ice in front of Gonyea house on Tonka, hell w/o any training at all, I could of done that! You need to come back to icing dude, when it comes to real adventure, riding a bike dosen't compare.        Trinity
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
01-31-2013, 04:09 PM,
I'm not much for riding a bike but bike riding can be an adventure... sometimes a really big adventure Big Grin

Attached Files
.jpg   Pee-Wees-Big-Adventure.jpg (Size: 158.66 KB / Downloads: 10)
.jpg   pee-wee-herman-in-pee-wee-s-big-adventure.jpg (Size: 106.38 KB / Downloads: 13)
.jpg   Pee-Wees-Big-Adventure.jpg (Size: 158.66 KB / Downloads: 10)
.jpg   pee-wee-herman-in-pee-wee-s-big-adventure.jpg (Size: 106.38 KB / Downloads: 13)
.jpg   the-best-bike-in-the-whole-world.jpg (Size: 327.17 KB / Downloads: 8)
01-31-2013, 06:27 PM,
If that's been down 50 year it belong to the state and is proof they are all high the way the run this state.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
01-31-2013, 07:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2013, 07:22 PM by arcFlash.)
In the words of Apollo Creed, Ding. Ding.

After all I've put in with you people this is what I get! I'll go diving this weekend and bring the cat box scooper to get you pieces of _ _ _ _ out of the hole.

Just to set the bar. I was riding a bike but I was competing in the Arrowhead 135, the hardest winter bike race in Minnesota and one of the top races in the world. I rode 135 miles in the dead of winter on wilderness trails from International Falls to Vermilion, Fortune Bay in 33 hours 13 minutes. I pushed a 55 pound bike for 5 hours to travel just 12 miles. I slept under a tree in a snow storm in wet clothes just to get through the night. 49 of the 135 starters finish, the rest called their moms. I got a F***ing trophy for finishing so back the truck up and dump that smack talking on your own yard because this bad A$$ don't take keyboard macho from wimps that don't want to be late for dinner. Go look

See you this weekend. You're the best group of guys I've ever had the pleasure to dive with but I'm serious about the cat box scooper so keep your mouth closed.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
01-31-2013, 08:54 PM,
Now I REALLY can't wait for Saturday!

Sounds like it is going to be a great weekend of diving, goofing off, and smack talking..  8)

See you boys on Saturday.  >Big Grin