Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
02-05-2013, 07:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013, 07:19 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge

As far as the stats we documented, here is a quote from a pretty decent guy on March 31, 2011:
So here are the fun numbers:
For each hole (between the two of us) we efficiently searched 70,686 square feet (or 1.62 acres). While searching each hole (between the two of us) we swam 6,355 lineal feet (or 1.2 miles).

Over the 2010/2011 ice diving season (between the two of us) we efficiently searched 1,696,464 square feet (that is one million, six hundred and ninety six thousand, four hundred and sixty four square feet for those that are challenged when it comes to numbers) or as us farm folk like to say 38.94 acres. While searching for those elusive anchors (between the two of us) we swam 152,520 lineal feet (or 28.88 miles)

That's how we roll. If you are still having a hard time dealing with it, here is a toll free number of a counselor that can help offer condolences: 1-855-738-5677    :'( As far as putting together numbers that help you put a positive spin on efficiency or what ever... I am sure you will figure something out that helps you sleep at night.   Wink

My ropes and Nates ropes are both marked in 25' increments and half of 25' = 12 1/2'. Most humans (including myself) have a 6' wingspan. Most people I know tend rope with 2 hands, so if you have the rope in both hands, stretch them out as wide as you can (that is about 6' of rope). Do that twice and that is 12' of rope (6'+6'=12'). See how close that is to 12 1/2' which is 1/2 of 25'? Then if you have a pretty good grip on common sense... You can do this trick: when you transition your hands on the rope between the first 6' length of rope and the second 6' length of rope you leave 6" of rope between. You have just added to (or shortened) the safety rope by 12 1/2'. Let me know if you want me to go over this a couple more times, as after explaining it to you several already, I am getting better at trying to help you understand the complex mathematical equations that have you so mystified ;D.

On the original challenge, I was the only person in the entire challenge who provided scanned copies of my dive logs converted to PDF files and attached to that thread about 7 pages in from the end of that 37 page thread (Read 45,714 times as of today). I also offered to download the data from both of my computers if someone could borrow me a download cable for the Tusa IQ 700 or the Suunto Vyper. I used both computers for each dive during the contest just to eliminate the questioning of my integrity. The dive I did at 81 minutes long was #174 and now I am at #281. The Tusa and the Vyper have a circular memory so on the Tusa it stores the last 60 dives and then as dives are added to memory the earliest dives drop off. The Suunto memory is variable because of the sampling rate. The more sampling rate= less dives logged. They way I have it set it stores the last 100 dives.

So with the latest three of your concerns addressed above, don't hold your breath for more explanation than that. To your last concern about letting you know when I have been ice diving every weekend, don't hold your breath waiting for me to tell you that I have... It won't be any time soon.

So tell me Terry, what else is on your mind? Tell me why yellow makes you sad >Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge - by DetectorGuy - 02-05-2013, 07:01 PM