Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
02-06-2013, 08:13 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
What do the Neil Young lyrics "It's better to burn out than fade away" mean?

It's a reference to a candle or a fire.  Burning out is a metaphor for living an exciting, ambitious life; one where you expend all of your energy early on, possibly even dying young like many rock stars.  Fading away would be to simply live safely, not take any risks, etc. Basically living a long but boring life that doesn't impact anyone else---- David Ray Carter

When I commit to a task (no matter what the task) I am in 100%. Doing things half assed just doesn't work for me. When that task is done... Its done, and I look for the next task. If there is no competition, I can relax and not be so driven to succeed. I chose not to get get in on any of the "re-matches" because there was no way to do better than first place. Defending a title is not where I want to be. The agenda on the first challenge seemed like it was pretty straight forward - most anchors & most bottom time.  What have the challenges been for the last two seasons since the first tragedy challenge? The only real contest I have seen from the 2nd annual and 3rd annual is the smack talk contest.
Just seems like a feeble attempt at reliving the glory days (or gory days depending on which side of the winners circle you are on). So let me know when you folks decide what your good at and I will watch from the sidelines as you all declare each other winners.  Wink

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge - by DetectorGuy - 02-06-2013, 08:13 PM