Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
02-07-2013, 11:04 AM,
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
   This years challenge isn't about, anchors, or time underwater, or money, or ice scoopers, or all the glory, or even the prizes (no doubt my friends, Nate (Shooter) and John (Detectorguy), last years winners, would say, "so Terry, it isn't about the prizes,,,, how is that any different than, say, last year?" This year's challenge is about the, good times, the laughs, the blizzard adventures, the postings, the pics, (even those stupid, mini-me pics) the cold beers, (or chaw) the found junk (or treasure) that dandy good grouper of Nate's, grilled out on the ice, the shared knowledge of what we learned from each other, and NOT hooking fisherman, least not ones with bad ashma.

That was the "mission statement" lol,  of the second challenge.

Hello Everyone,
                             Seems its that time of year again, when the visibility is best, maybe divers need to get put to the test, myself, I'd rather snuggle up to a nice warm,,,, ok, enough poem, for right now anyway.                 
                             So thinking it might be fun to do some videos underwater, seems everyone (other then me) is packing a little Go- Pro camera now and there sure are some funny videos on line under the ice, sounds like a good spot to start. We went out to Tonka and Harriet hoping for some ice but all we got was, ice water,,,36 degrees, brrrr, we all agreed we hadn't yet gotten our icing hide yet. It seemed colder then any ice dive in a long time. Hopefully ice this year wont be anywhere near as bogus as last year was. Going out this Sat. let me know if you'd like to jump,,,,,,,Trinity

That is the "mission statement" ? of this years challenge.   

I've been jumping almost 33 years, the reason I started the "challenge" at all, (as selfish as it sounds) was to see I had multiple people ( that I knew) to dive with in the winter time, on a regular basis. Summertime any of us can (and do) jump alone, if we want. The smaller the group icing the higher the risk factor, with just two people, if the second has to go into the hole now you've got, no main tender, no safety tender, no tender or anyone at all, on the surface. I've done it, and realize you can drown in a sink you can't pull your head out of, but 200' from the hole,  its "potentially" a pretty scary scenario.
                   "Challenge" was probably the wrong term, hope I haven't kept any ice guppies from wanting to join us, with, "we dive alone" or all the smack talk that goes on these icing challenges. My friend Mike Daust, (whom Sunday I run to Tobaggo with) certified 6 ice guppies last weekend up at Crosby, I'd like to invite any of them who read this to come ice jump with us if they'd like. We dive alone, (the G-men and Isanti normally does too) but I'd be happy to dive with them, as I'm sure the rest of the guys would too. All we ask is you show up with and icing certification from ANY agency, we'll provide the rest.

Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge - by Terry - 02-07-2013, 11:04 AM