Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
02-18-2013, 08:45 AM,
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
Weather outlook for Saturday Feb 23rd looks good (not like we could do anything about it anyway) I looked at several weather forecasts for Isle during the next seven days. Sounds like some snow starting Thursday night running into Friday night with accumulations up to 8" by Saturday Morning. Lows Saturday morning about 11F and the high Saturday afternoon about 27F. The wind is supposed to be 5MPH or less and mostly cloudy. With the fresh snow and cloud cover, divelights would be prudent. Nate is going to bring a Vexlar depth finder to help hone in on the top of the groove so we can cut any holes at the 16' deep range. From this line toward shore it gets shallower very gradually and drops to 35' deep very rapidly going away from shore. This line will be approximately 1/4 mile off shore. I am going to bring an ice auger and a drop camera to confirm bottom composition prior to cutting the hole we dive from. Any of you are more than welcome to use our auger & drop camera prior to cutting your holes. I would hate to put you guys on a moonscape  >Big Grin. I have put feelers out there to resort owners fishing for any information of good or better structure to dive on in the area and If I hear anything I will ammend the [glow=red,2,300]Master Dive Plan[/glow]. Like I said if anyone has a hard time locating us from the public access, Shut off the engine, roll down your window, and listen for the Freddie Mercury music ;D

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge - by DetectorGuy - 02-18-2013, 08:45 AM