Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
02-19-2013, 12:09 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
I just spoke to Chapmans Resort and I have some possible bad news. They are fairly concerned that we need to cut our holes away from the ice road so that the snow pressure doesn't flood their ice road. I told them that we would stay behind the snow berm with our holes enough that it shouldn't be a problem. They don't appear to have any ice houses in the 6 proposed dive sites per their web cam but they do have a few houses staged closser to shore. The news that kinda disturbed me is when I asked them if they knew about this 36' deep groove that runs through the middle of Isle Bay, and they did know about it. I asked them how much fishing pressure it gets and they told me it gets very little fishing pressure. They said they tried it a few times on the side bank but didn't get enough bites to make it very popular.
So even though it drops off fairly rapidly here, if it doesn't get much fishing pressure, there will be reduced treasure lost from those fishermen also. Chapmans could have been just telling me this to get us divers out of the ice road area, or maybe its the truth.

Depending on what you guys want to do, I could scrounge up some coordinates just West of Malone Island where Chapmans Resort tells me gets heavy fishermen traffic in the summertime. She said this area is in a saddle off the end of Malone Island just outside of the boulders that are sticking up above the surface. She says the rocks are larger there and even though the side slope is not as severe, the fishermen congeregate there in the summer. I will call the original coordinates "Plan A" and I will make up an additional 3-4 coordinates called "Plan B". :-\

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge - by DetectorGuy - 02-19-2013, 12:09 PM