Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
03-07-2013, 04:21 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
you should be carefull what you wish for.

I normally am Popo, dont have any problem with newbies, as long as they can dive, Joe's right by the time your starting icing, and in a drysuit you've usually got a few dives under your harness, hell I had 7. Just thinking some fresh ideas,,,, on procedures, tools, techniques, jokes, personalities, locations, one liners, would be handy. I remember John telling me few years back about him and Nate using a 5 gal. bucket for the line, and thinking that wouldn't work for us, (I actually tried it) it dosen't fit, looks like our line is maybe a little thicker, and (I think) longer, 200' vs. 150', or the fabric shelf John made or bought somewhere, for glasses and land cameras in the shack, thats a dandy good idea, depth marking the chainsaw blade, etc.. Its that kind of stuff.  I've noticed myself with diving when your not diving as much (as you were) your normally getting bored, so I ventured off, to wrecks, caving, reefs, photography, scary depths, sometimes even new dive partners, (Hi Lynn) and the thrill came back.
                            Not too concerned about hords of divers, or even diving whores (like young Joe  :-*)overloading the ice surface. The ONLY thing I've ever asked is they show up with their own dive gear (and an icing card) and we'll provide everything else, yet next to no takers. Is it the bantering, mistakingly, thinking guys like Nate and I are just dinks, ok well, maybe just me then Wink
                            On a side note, liked the jumps up at Millacs and think some northern lakes sure have decent potential. Although didn't think it was the best thing for my saw to submerge the muffler and front couple inches of the piston's cooling fins in ice water at full throttle, so I ordered up a monster 42" bar that hopefully I'll never have to use. I remember trying out Dangerous Daves big blade out on Bald Eagle and thinking it didn't cut that well. It makes sense that the longer the blade, the more force you'll need further from the power head, especially to plunge cut, but not sure what Dave had as modifications on that chain.
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge - by Terry - 03-07-2013, 04:21 PM