Remember me
Lost Password Register

Honey Badger Dive Team in the Bahamas Dec 2012
12-24-2012, 11:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-24-2012, 11:33 AM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: Honey Badger Dive Team in the Bahamas Dec 2012
I updated my Facebook page and added 142 photos in it from the trip (65 from the family portion and 77 from the dive portion) There is one that I particularly like, its looking up towards the top of the blue hole from 135'. The photo is small because I extracted it from the HD video during the editing process. I have heard there has been some conversation about people trying to find a video converter for these GoPro cameras. I searched and searched my self for something better than the GoPro factory editor. I tried BroadCam Video Streaming Software, Debut Video Capture Software, Any Video Converter, and AVS4You. I have not had much success with any of these, and I went back to using the factory software from GoPro. I have found out that I can add the videos I want to the "convert" column, (and after spelling out which folder in my computer to send them to after the first step of converting them) and then hit the "convert all" button. I usually hit this button in the evening because it takes several hours to convert these large files. When this "step one" is done, the files are converted (but not edited yet) and transferred to my computer. I can now skip "Step Two" on the GoPro software because that is their lame editing software (it takes a ton more time and adds to the massive file storage in your computer as it adds another layer for this un needed step. Then I get out of the GoPro software and open up a still picture on my old 2007 Dell computer running the Windows Vista OS. The still photo opened up is just a path I take to "make a movie". I import the files that have been recently converted to the Window Vista video editor and proceed to edit the videos. This still sounds like a lot of steps, but the beauty is once these files are converted they are 20 times smaller files than the originals. I can then delete the raw huge GoPro files and the converted (but still large) GoPro files stored on my hard drive. I take the windows edited videos and upload them to YouTube. YouTube now has some editing software in their system as well, like video stabilization, brightness, contrast, and hue.

Well, Merry Christmas to you and yours, Here is a link to my FaceBook photos page:
12-27-2012, 02:19 PM,
John, seriously, get a blog (Blogger from Google is very good) if you want to post this much stuff.
They are free and you can post all your memories on it in one place for the world to find and read (if you chose).

I have one for this very thing.

I'm not poking at you for filling up a page, just trying to help.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
12-27-2012, 03:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-27-2012, 09:15 PM by DetectorGuy.)

Hi Steve, Thanks for the blog advice. I just posted links to the videos here as this is THE site where most of the local divers go to see what is going on with their peers. The main reason I didn't start a blog is they are buggy sometimes. The blog you just posted a link to seems to be one of those sites that may also have issues with stability...? I just opened the link to your blog and I could see the text fine, I could see the jpegs fine, but the videos were just a non clickable blank screen. Maybe the company computer I am on right now has a filter that restricts the format you posted them on, but other sites videos seem to play on it. I am not trying to poke fun back at you, but why would I post a video on a blog site if the video is not visible there?  Smile 
{I checked the link on my home computer and the video's showed up so my work computer must have filtered the video's out}

Good to hear you got permission to post something on the black sheeps thread  >Big Grin
12-27-2012, 04:56 PM,

I thought this was a scuba dive blog site  ???
Honey badger don't care........ ;D
12-28-2012, 02:37 PM,
The button to the right of "Home", what does it say Honey Badger? Says Forum.

Honey badger don't care [to read]  :Smile

[/quote]
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
12-28-2012, 03:02 PM,
:'( :'( Honey badger say's don't click and read then.  :'( :'(  (:o & awe)  Honey badger prefers pics and video.....ROTFLMAO

[/quote]
[/quote]

Attached Files
.jpg   dont give a crap.jpg (Size: 65.3 KB / Downloads: 7)
.jpg   dont give a crap.jpg (Size: 65.3 KB / Downloads: 7)
12-28-2012, 03:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM by DetectorGuy.)

Your right Steve, MNSCUBA is a forum and not a blog. I guess I was too ignorant to understand what the difference is until you pointed it out  Wink. Now I see that forum's are for two way communication, and blogs are just one way communication. When I posted the 22 photos, and the links to 11 videos, and the link to the photos in my Facebook page in the MNSCUBA forum, I assumed it may spur some dialog (back and forth). My bad I guess ???... I do see people posting photos once in a while in the MNSCUBA gallery, but I think it is too cludgy to post them there. So does one page of dialog bog the system down, or is it just too much info all at once that bothers some people? I think the original anchor challenge is 37 pages long, and with all the tears, gnashing of teeth and wimpering that went on in that thread... I don't recall any animosity about it being too long. I will look into the blog thing for the next adventure, but until then I will probably just keep poking the bear in this forum >Big Grin ;D.

After I posted the pics and video links and noticed the lack of replies, I figured that the Grand Poobah of the red and black drysuit divers (AKA Team Gilligan) hasn't granted permission to acknowledge the antics of the Honey Badger Dive Team ;D ;D ;D. I've missed the smack talk somthing fierce.