Remember me
Lost Password Register

Cozumel, Mexico help!
01-18-2013, 09:38 PM,
Cozumel, Mexico help!
We are going to Cozumel in the middle of September as long as hurrican season does not get in the way.  I have been their once and stayed close to town.  Now we are going to stay at El Cozmuleno Resort.  This is north of the airport.  Also right infront on the Country Club Golf Course.  There is not to many dive sites on the North end were we are going to be staying.  We will drive south of town to get to the dive shop I have dove with in the past.  Wondering about the current on the North West part of island.  Must be fairly strong.  Also any other info and tips you can give us would be great.  I know many shops wont drive that far to get you.  Also we have to see how far south the northern dive shops go.  She has no ocean diving experience so we need to do a beach dive to get her accustomed to it.  Any thing at all will be helpful thankst.
01-19-2013, 01:22 AM,
Re: Cozumel, Mexico help!
Your right the current rips on the north end.....but its a great ride and that's where you have a better chance at seeing the spotted eagle rays. I was there in 11 and it was my girlfriends first ocean dives and she handled it like a champ. Have fun.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
01-19-2013, 05:46 PM,
I will try to upload pictures of the Rays.  We were just south of the airports and close to the big cruise ships.  First time I did not put enough weight on and I went for a ride.  The second time I had more weight.  Either dive once controlled we would hold on to rocks and look like you were being blown by a tornado and these awesome Rays would sail over us!
04-27-2013, 11:46 AM,
I know your post is a couple months old but I figured I would respond anyway incase you have not made any plans yet.  We just got back from 7 days of diving in Cozumel.  This was our third trip and we finally found a dive operator that we will use for our future trips.  They are a small shop and really want to make sure we enjoy diving.  The dive master listened to us and seemed to learn as the week went on what we would like to see.  They made us feel safe and would let us dive our entire tank if we wanted to.  I would recommend them to anyone looking for a dive operator.  The operator is called Tres Pelicanos  Here is the site   IF you have any question just send them an email.  Jeanie is usually the person that responds and many people may know her from a different shop that she used to work with.