Remember me
Lost Password Register

lake minnetonka
02-03-2013, 11:57 AM,
Re: lake minnetonka

Ya that is an interesting one Popo, especially in 8-10' of water, time to call 911 but not get out of the ride. I think the thing to remember here is that, "when seconds count, emergency services are only minuets away" I told that to a gal cop friend awhile back, and she laughed, said she'd never heard it before. I suspect or thought about it before, either. Report said both the man and woman in the car were unconcious, when recovered from the vehicle, and both now listed in critical condition. You know they say you have typically 2 min. from the time you have actual flames in a house fire, to be able to get it under control, I suspect you have at least that in response time. I remember (as a kid, Pa's been dead more then 30 years) Pa waking me up in the middle of the night, saying there was a fire in the garage, and to quick get the garden hose from the front of the house, turn it on wide open, and quick get it thru the service door. My mother was getting my sisters out of the house, Pa hose'd down the flames that ended up scaring one wall, opened the garage door, let the smoke out, hosed things down again, and then had first watch to be sure it didn't start up again. Never did call the fire dept, or even the insurance co. Wonder, living out on end of a gravel road, (in Mendota Heights) without hydrants, if we'd "gotten out and stayed out" waiting on the fire dept, how it would of worked out?
                                                                                            Trinity
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
02-03-2013, 09:15 PM,
They both died.  Not good!

02-04-2013, 07:31 PM,
I dont believe it. if they called when the car was sinking, and rescue was coming. in a very easy to get to spot..grays bay bridge, how is it that no one was saved?if this happened to me, would i have a beter chance at survival if i called one of my dive buddies to get me?

sad, we(I) was just around the corner diving tonka when this happened. i actually bailed on group and drove over the bridge just before this happend. fully geared. perhaps someday i will be in the right spot at the right time to make a difference. ive been on the water and seen enough to lose count now. head to head collisions. etc..
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
02-05-2013, 09:21 AM,

Might want to think about joining a psd team. overall for me it was a positive exp. The training and comradery were awesome! I tried to keep my gear ready and in the go status to help favor the odds. Even with this I knew the odds were against a rescue. I just wanted to remove any error on my part.