Remember me
Lost Password Register

Please dispose of scrubber chemical properly
04-14-2003, 04:52 PM,
Please dispose of scrubber chemical properly
Hey rebreather divers...

I'd just like to ask you respectfully-please don't dump your used scrubber chemical on the ground at Wazee. Contrary to what some people say, foreign chemicals are not "good for the environment". There are still 2 piles of it by the top of the ramp from last fall. The stuff doesn't degrade all that fast and it's unsightly. I heard more comments about it from some of the other divers at Wazee this weekend and I was told that the park manager has been concerned about it too. There are garbage cans all over, please dump it in one of those or take it home with you. Wazee is an awesome place and we all need to help keep it that way. Thank you.
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
04-23-2003, 09:01 PM,
Re:Please dispose of scrubber chemical properly
I've found some scrubber chemical at the parking lot of the Madeira as well - it was still there from before last winter and all of last summer and fall (I haven't been recently but it wouldn't surprise me it's stil there)
04-23-2003, 10:33 PM,
Yeah-I saw that too a while back, thanks for bringing it up. The stuff I saw at the Madeira looked like the kind commonly used in the Dolphin rebreather. The stuff I saw at Wazee looked like typical Inspiration chemical. My opinion is that we should all work to keep these areas as clean as we can. It just doesn't make sense to trash a place that you enjoy. You haul a hundred pounds or more of dive gear to a site, why not haul 3 pounds of used scrubber back with you and throw it away at home?
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
04-24-2003, 08:41 AM,
Total agreement here! My biggest pet peeve is cigarette butts!!!