Remember me
Lost Password Register

Surf shore diving
05-17-2013, 06:34 AM,
Surf shore diving
any one got much experience diving with surf and undertoe. im interested in just for kicks doing beach/shore off duluth. i walked out and even under almost zero wind there is good back flow. id do this in my snorkel no problem, just a little chicken to do it fully geared up.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
05-18-2013, 11:30 AM,
Re: Surf shore diving
If you're north of town, at Brighton Beach, rollers of a couple off feet can be do-able.  But you have to use caution when getting pushing into shore...it's ALL rocks along there.  As for Park Point, not much to look at other than sand.
05-19-2013, 09:07 AM,
how about the rocky edge of wall out to end?
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
05-20-2013, 07:52 AM,
hey gang.weekend in surf.
smelt run. up to 9inches!

[/URL]

[URL=http://s476.photobucket.com/user/shimizunet/media/P5180615.jpg.html][/URL]

05-20-2013, 07:56 AM,
locals thought we were crazy. walking out in 4ft surf in drysuits! till we came back in with fish. then they ask"were you get those suits?"

my guess next year everyone will be rocking drysuits. just like everyone has the same christianson nets.

fish run about 3 weeks peaking around 9pm-11pm. just enough time to make it back to cities.

also had several locals trying to tell me i was pulling my seine wrong way! i think i know how to pull a seine after 20 years of pulling them. not to mention 50ft comercial ones on top.