Remember me
Lost Password Register

Having trouble attaching photos and viewing attached photos
06-03-2013, 05:30 PM,
Having trouble attaching photos and viewing attached photos
Is anyone else having trouble viewing photos that were attached to threads the old fashioned way? Anyone having trouble attaching photos to threads the old fashioned way? I have been having trouble with both lately. It may be the "windows 8" operating system messing with me, but theĀ  only photos I can view on here are the ones that people embedded. I don't know how to embed photos yet so if someone could tell me some hints and maybe I can embed them instead of attaching them. I resized the photos using the Windows Live Photo Gallery and made the JPEG's less than 1000KB each, but when I try to attach them, I get a message 'Cannot access attachments upload path'. I tried attaching these same images using several different computers with no luck. Is the issue in the simple machines software?
06-03-2013, 05:44 PM,
Re: Having trouble attaching photos and viewing attached photos
hey John the method I use is to just embed pictures from my Flickr account. you can get Flickr for free and then just copy the URL for the picture and then when you paste the URL into your message you highlight the addy and then hit the embed picture button on top. The button next to the globe.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
06-03-2013, 06:45 PM,
sure, john i can help you, but remember when i was loading up the site and it crashed!
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
06-03-2013, 08:32 PM,
Thanks guys, I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks Smile
06-06-2013, 10:13 AM,
John, I found an incorrect setting in the SMF software related to attachment storage. I moved the located of the forum files a month ago in preparation for replacing the forum. I forgot to update the location of the attachment file storage. You should be able to see the old attachments now. Sorry about that.
--Jason
06-06-2013, 11:49 AM,
Thanks Jason.