Remember me
Lost Password Register

calhoun diver last week july
08-03-2013, 06:18 PM,
calhoun diver last week july
hey was someone on this forum diving calhoun last week? docks? several days of diving?
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
08-04-2013, 08:23 AM,
RE: calhoun diver last week july

A couple weeks ago I spoke to a couple divers at the dive shop that recover items for profit. They told me they had been diving in Calhoun quite a bit by the sailboat moorings. I won't say what they found but it was interesting to say the least...
08-07-2013, 05:32 PM,

I know what they found. and yep that would be them. they have been diving it hard. i was also out last week. its murky as usual. 2ft vis surface and less at depth. i couldn't see my nose! but did see some interesting stuff. found a possible sailboat. and some other as you would say. interesting stuff. left it all like a good community diver. also dove tonka last week and vis is way beter. i would say 15ft were i was. but nothing interesting. not even fish. not sure what happened to the fish population. they are like gone this year. and for those intersted bite is on at superior! my boy got like 15 on a day trip last week!
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
08-08-2013, 10:49 AM,
popo do you have any idea why the fish (carp specifically) are missing from the shallows in Tonka right now?

I dove Grays (by the dam) last weekend and the vis was great but no carp!

found a few below the dam though, and was impressed with the vis there too

I sure hope the shallow carp season isn't over already!
08-08-2013, 01:24 PM,
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
08-08-2013, 03:36 PM,
Wow thats clear video!

"grays" REALY. was there also. didnt see anything. carp population has been dropping state wide for atleast ten years. has to do with dry springs and lack of spawning. carp need flood into grass to spawn. one of the Dams on mississippi river will get countless babies in one of the inside flooded areas on successfull years. but it hasnt happened for a long time.these are babbies comming down from lakes above.
i had a feeling about down stream. didn't check that spot. i did walk in and pick up a dog tag.

problem its not just carp that are gone. its everything! no sunfish. no bass, no carp, no musky, nothing. its a barren waste land! millfoil is dying off like last year in many areas, but then it seems to be growing in from areas ive never seen it before. and deep. vis is also bad on most of lake with exception of grays