Remember me
Lost Password Register

Presque Isle
08-18-2013, 10:06 AM,
Presque Isle
Just finishing up a four day wreck trip in Presque Isle MI. Couldn't have asked for better weather. We got to dive the Norman,Windiate,Audubon,Typo,Florida,Spangler and now we just got done with the Norman again and are diving the Florida again. Beautiful wrecks out here
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
08-19-2013, 08:32 AM,
RE: Presque Isle

Awesome! More info please. Whose boat, trip pricing, and accommodations? Pics and depth?
08-19-2013, 10:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013, 10:48 AM by doug67.)

Awesome! More info please. Whose boat, trip pricing, and accommodations? Pics and depth?
[/quote]

Sorry Nate
It was a trip that Keith from Wazee sports put together on Brian Anderson's boat "the black dog". The dives where in the 150 to 200' rangeso we used trimix. We stayed at the Grand Lake Resort that's about 4 miles from the Marina. $680 took care of the diving but logging food and gases were extra. I brought my camera but left it in the room the first couple days to get in the groove and then when I went to set it up for the third day I had forgotten my SD cards so I said screw it and just enjoyed the dives. It would be a great place to video because of the quality of the wrecks and the 80' vis.
08-19-2013, 11:39 AM,
Shocked  RE: Presque Isle

[/quote]

Sorry Nate
It was a trip that Keith from Wazee sports put together on Brian Anderson's boat "the black dog". The dives where in the 150 to 200' rangeso we used trimix. We stayed at the Grand Lake Resort that's about 4 miles from the Marina. $680 took care of the diving but logging food and gases were extra. I brought my camera but left it in the room the first couple days to get in the groove and then when I went to set it up for the third day I had forgotten my SD cards so I said screw it and just enjoyed the dives. It would be a great place to video because of the quality of the wrecks and the 80' vis.
[/quote]

Was staying on the boat an option? I have been holding off on my trimix. Adv nitrox and stage deco is done. A few of us will diving Isle Royal next month, 3rd time for me. Glad you guys had good diving and weather. How long have you been diving trimix? Have some awesome wrecks in the keys that I would love to dive and spear on trimix, my aim isn't as true at 180' on air Huh Big Grin
08-19-2013, 12:50 PM,
I don't think Brian does live aboard unless he at I.R. But you could contact him to see. Just did my trimix last Oct. and it is amazing what a difference it makes. Have fun in I.R. I really enjoyed it when I was there didn't care for the deco hangs tho it's a little chilly. We had 65 degrees at or 20ft hang in P.I.
08-22-2013, 08:55 PM,
It is far from luxury, but always very friendly. Check out The Grand Lake Resort for accommodations in the Presque Isle area.

Some of the nicest wrecks around and the vis is usually fantastic.
08-23-2013, 08:06 AM,

Must be nice not to have to refer to the video to remmember all of the dive!

$100 a night for 2 double beds and kitchenette, not bad....

Thanks for the link. Its nice to know all the variables when planning a trip