Remember me
Lost Password Register

Split Rock dive sites
08-21-2013, 03:41 PM,
RE: Split Rock dive sites
Valid point, though I would like to point out that water temps in Superior arent all that cold during the summer 50-60 degrees and most of the shore dives are not very deep. Im guessing the majority of the areas Im talking about are not likely to exceed 60' not to mention the clarity will be minnetonka any day and you wont be fighting boat traffic. In any case this is a starting point to partner with the DNR to develop sites and have them recognize and support diving in the areas they oversee, so whether anyone is interested in helping with the north shore state parks or if you have another location by all means map it out!

very interesting. i was thinking same thing, just with lake minnetonka. problem with superior is its so cold. many of my dive pals dont like to dive it due to the cold water. it would have dive value only to those divers who are into cold water diving. even those pals of mine who do have drysuits and dont mind cold water, dont feel comfortable diving deep dives in drysuits. i myself will admit that my drysuit dives are different than wetsuit. i breath differently in a drysuit then a thin wetsuit. i cant come close to my slow air rates durring summer.

lake minnetonka on the other hand is warm water and close to the cities main population. i have 2 Maybe 3 spots in mind that are very clear in hottest greenest time of the summer. all have hard solid bottom. none are currently ready for public. but with work could be "made".
vis is around 20+at the lowest point during summer. warm enough for all divers. id like to see shore access. and boats and other interesting things dragged in to dive on.
[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
Split Rock dive sites - by racer17m - 08-21-2013, 01:38 PM
RE: Split Rock dive sites - by popolarbear - 08-21-2013, 03:25 PM
RE: Split Rock dive sites - by racer17m - 08-21-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: Split Rock dive sites - by DetectorGuy - 08-21-2013, 07:29 PM