Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Clarity and Zequanox Treatments Lake Minnetonka 2013
08-30-2013, 12:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 12:29 PM by popolarbear.)
Lake Clarity and Zequanox Treatments Lake Minnetonka 2013
any one here have a clear understanding on the mechanism of this new chemical treatment being applied on lake minnetonka.
tonka had a sever algae bloom this summer and im currious if it could have been atributed to this treatment. lake was super clear this spring and early summer. clarity on tonka is partialy due to daphnia. i have a tough time believing that daphnia is not affected as they filter feed the same stuff as zebra mussles. and since we are on topic, i also have tough time justifing spraying any treatments that have life span longer than the flow time it takes for our water to hit the gulf. amazing some areas are spraying herbicieds and insecticieds with almost 2year life span! long enough to sterilize corals regardless of dilution.

ohh. and lower lake in many spots has 20ft+ vis right now ...last week in aug 2013. its hit or miss,but all back of bays seems to be super clear. not typical for this time of year. im going to try to post some vids if i can. as i hardly believe it myself. one spot is probably more like 30ft vis.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
08-30-2013, 01:19 PM,
RE: Lake Clarity and Zequanox Treatments Lake Minnetonka 2013
I wonder if everyone's drysuit is rated for insecticide.. herbicide and zequanox?
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
09-05-2013, 09:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2013, 09:23 AM by arcFlash.)
Seeing how the 3 Viking suits I know of are leaking they are not even rated for fresh water. I now call my suit a "wet bag".

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are not rational, I've been drinking since 6am, I did not close cover before striking. The sun was in my eye and I did not ventilate well during use. Your results in no way will match mine and even if they did it would be total surprise to everyone.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
09-05-2013, 06:19 PM,
reminds me of a crazy story i once herd about 5 guys that bought matching school pants. every one went to school and had the seams bust out.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;