Remember me
Lost Password Register

Cold Hard Catch on TruTV
09-06-2013, 04:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013, 04:31 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Cold Hard Catch on TruTV
There is a pilot that TruTV will air some time this fall ,that will be called Cold Hard Catch. During the filming of this pilot, it had a working title called "Ice Holes". It is supposed to be about the resorts around Mille Lacs Lake trying to make a living during the winter season. Nate and I helped them out with a bit of underwater footage that will be shown in the pilot at some point. I haven't heard when it will be aired, but I am anxious to see what hit the cutting room floor.

09-09-2013, 10:51 AM,
RE: Cold Hard Catch on TruTV
Very cool. I'll look forward to seeing an update on when the episode will air.
--Jason
09-11-2013, 01:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 01:16 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Thanks Jason, Ironically about a week after I posted the thread about the 'Cold Hard Catch' pilot show... I found out today that we just sealed the deal with another production company in the UK to have them use a portion of the same video that Nate and I took in Mille Lacs for a different TV show. This show in the UK is about natural disasters and the episode will be called "Force of Nature". The Episode is based on the ice shove that happened on the shores of Mille Lacs Lake in May of 2013. I heard they are only going to use a 10 second clip of our video in the show but after a month of negotiating price and such, we are happy.

On a third and final note, we have another iron in the fire with the Discovery Channel that hasn't been totally dismissed yet. We carved out the letters "BERING SEA GOLD" in the snow this spring and filmed Nate swimming across the logo from below. If you look close at the video, see if you can see his safety line... Wink This proposition sounds less promissing, but like Meatloaf said: "Two outa three ain't bad". Here is a link to the Bering Sea Gold video:
09-14-2013, 10:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 10:18 AM by Shooter.)
CHA-CHING! Big Grin Shock & Awe, baby, shock & awe! Karma Angel

CHA-CHING! Big Grin Shock & Awe, baby, shock & awe! Karma Angel

09-15-2013, 07:56 PM,
Really nice job on that Bearing Sea Gold video. I can't imagine all the work involved to get those letters looking right.
--Jason
09-17-2013, 01:01 PM,
It was a lot more work than I had planned on! I thought it might be easier to sell them on the finished product rather than the concept. Still waiting on those chips to fall into place....