Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
04-28-2014, 07:16 PM,
RE: TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
hey, northern part of state still has ice! this weekend will be may!
really tempting to run and gun for one last dive just to push the stats to a full 6 months of ice diving this last year!
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
04-29-2014, 07:22 PM,
I could be talked into it! Who's buying the Beer afterwards?
04-30-2014, 03:10 PM,
long drive. but count me in.water up north is tea stained but hard bottom. i might have some spotsSmile
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
04-30-2014, 05:50 PM,

Ten Mile lake by Leech lake has some very interesting spots. Clarity is suppose to be great.
04-30-2014, 06:54 PM,

Ten Mile lake by Leech lake has some very interesting spots. Clarity is suppose to be great.
[/quote]

Hey Gang, we going to do this or what? I'm game for running north as long as someone with some local intel says there's still walkable ice without running a couple hundred miles into Canada.
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
04-30-2014, 07:05 PM,
ok, ill check..stef
05-01-2014, 08:06 AM,
wini, has ice in spots but its opening up.

devils track has snow and ice! im waiting to confirm this.
will update. devils track has solid rocky substrate, but kinda tea stained. might be able to find another local lake close by thats not tea stained. stef
05-01-2014, 03:33 PM,
confirmed! walkable ice for devils track area. im still waiting to find a list of lakes that are clear.
05-19-2014, 08:59 PM,
Hey Everyone, I was just going thru my logs, this season I did 38 ice jumps, (the most ever) and cut 38" on Waconia (the most ever). Enjoyed the night icing more, ok maybe just all the chow more, my Viking still leaked and I was cold going in. Have to make night icing an annual event though, its too good of time. From Steve busting ribs on the first walkable ice of the season on Grays Bay, to freezing our asses on Big Carnelian on New Years Day, to the "artwork" all over my new shack, to being a little shocked when Young Joe thru and alligator up onto the ice, to Dangerous Dave wondering if 38" of ice would support his truck and trailer. To realizing just how much plowing Roberts 4 wheeler is capable of and how much work he saved us when the ice was too thin to drive on. To Scottie showing up with, lets say, "limited" icing experience, and doing fine, (and ending the season with I'll guess 20+ jumps) to grilling out on the ice, to young JJ, who also showed up with "limited" icing experience, and not to be bested by Scottie, jumped in a wetsuit and did fine, to pulling Popo's rig out off the ice ridge. I did miss not getting to spend the day with Nate and John, need to fix that next year. To getting hooked AGAIN this time by a 12 yo fisherman on Waconia, glad to not make the newspaper with that one, and it sure made me smile when Scottie chose Freddie for some background music to one of the last jumps we did on Tonka without knowing the significance.
It has been another dandy good icing season,,,,,,to once again quote the late great Freddie Mercury,,,,, "I thank you all"! Trinity
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
05-20-2014, 09:16 PM,
It sure was a blast. I can't wait for next year!!! Big Grin Maybe I should say, this coming winter. Wink