Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
12-11-2013, 09:20 AM,
RE: TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
I would have been getting after it but I got stupid and wrecked myself. The only thing missing from that stunt is banjo music. Next time I do it I'm going to mark the edge of the hole better. Smile
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
12-12-2013, 12:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 12:32 PM by popolarbear.)
hydro i agree with flash, this should have had the banjo music background.

here this would be a productive and interesting event. Liberalized (Lawless) fishing. some possible methods of harvest are spearing and gill netting. so far 2 lakes are listed.

ohh and this lake might post also
"Lakes open to Liberalized fishing:
South Twin (86-0126-00) from 3/19/13 to 3/31/13"
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
12-12-2013, 02:20 PM,
A foot of vis in a five foot lake... hey how about i buy goldfish and spear them in my bathtub with a fork.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
12-12-2013, 04:30 PM,

I grew up dark housing carp and No. Pike (it was legal then). I think to spear lethargic fish thru the ice while diving, and not be concerned that I just mistook a 2' walleye for a 2' carp in the poor vis. sounds like a blast, and a good dinner, much better time then spearing goldfish in Joes tub! Wink
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
12-12-2013, 08:12 PM,
I would be up for it. I wouldn't mind getting some fish by spearing, and doing it legal to boot. Big Grin

I think that it would be a good time.
12-12-2013, 09:23 PM,

hey check the stats on those lakes... i hate to be debbie-downer here, but they are offering open spearing in a place even I wouldnt dive.

id rather drive to south dakota if i wanted to do legal spearing.
-John Calhoun
12-12-2013, 09:46 PM,

hey check the stats on those lakes... i hate to be debbie-downer here, but they are offering open spearing in a place even I wouldnt dive.

id rather drive to south dakota if i wanted to do legal spearing.
[/quote]

Joe, I've known you for a number of years now,,, don't you kid yourself, your the male equilvalent of Angie, "she'd dive in a toilet bowl, if she could fit",,, a direct quote, from her. Now before you think, "no way" remember 7' down underneith the bridge in Lake Nicomis, or 125' down in Lake Elmo. You'd be there right with us. So you just count yourself in spearing this chithole.
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
12-12-2013, 10:34 PM,
SD is too far to drive for a few fish. We can spear as many as we want here in MN.

I know that the stats aren't great, but the stats don't show anything done in the winter. There might be that possibility (a slight possibility) that we might have some decent vis.

I like to think positive. Rolleyes Big Grin
12-15-2013, 08:33 PM,
Did some more ice dives, conditions were rough but we were tough! zero degrees but it was a breeze. we were more bold than the cold, because icing doesn't get old. Found some more bottles for the score, although we hoped for more: everyone found 1 except scubafreek864, who when about to scuba, freaked that his computer battery died.

so the current scoreboard is:
Hydro: 3
Terry: 1
Popolarbear:1

-John Calhoun
12-16-2013, 02:51 PM,

I know team g likes to talk smack, but when did you start diving out of a shack? I am unsure about this recent turn of events, or is this something not revelant?
I am glad you guys are having so much fun. Diving out of a shack isn't for every one.
John and I are about to fire up the heater, diving in warm comfort, couldn't be sweeter.
We won't be diving for bottles new or old, we most likely be looking for things we can turn to gold. Confused