Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
12-16-2013, 04:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-16-2013, 05:09 PM by Terry.)
RE: TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
Don't either of you two go quitting your day job,,,,,for I do feel a poem coming on,,,,,or better yet, a rap to Kayne Worst latest tune,

A week ago I got cold, wondered if I was just getting too old,
I was all wet, knew it wasn't from sweat, I was diving a Viking, for cold water she should just sing,
The ice water came rolling in, I was about to cuss up a sin, Steve could see I was tee'd, then said, "maybe you just pee'd"
It was at that moment I swore the jihad, then just like that I started to feel odd, could it be that John and Nate were right, to believe that, took ALL! my might, I'd dove an open hole in the middle of the night, never showing the slightest of fright, took on that cold, and I sure stood bold. But back then, I was dry, looking back at those days makes me feel high, now all I could do is look at that Viking and sigh. Thanks to Molly I can't get a new drysuit, makes me want to grab my gun and just start to shoot, there had to be another option,,,(Hang-on nothing rhymes with that),,,,,there had to be another,, choice, something to save me when I get so moist, what do other divers do?,,,
I've seen Nate and John use a shelter, probably sitting in there just to swelter, and making up stories about Steve, Robert, Popo and Young Joe, just being helter- skelter, there was only one choice, if I was to remain, the ladies choice, doesn't matter what they say about Young Joe, I had to go buy an Eskimo.

I scored an 8'x16' portable from Joe's sporting goods and since the high Sun. was 4 degrees, I feel my days of an open hole below 5, I mean 15 degrees F. are done, as much as it is all I can do to thank Nate and John for the idea, I do. Wink

Attached Files
.jpg   icing 12-15-13 010.JPG (Size: 96.29 KB / Downloads: 14)
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
12-16-2013, 08:51 PM,
Don't sweat it Terry. We needed a shack anyway. If we get uncomfortable using the shack, we can still dive and open hole and just use the shack to warm up in. All is good.

Can't wait for next weekend. Big Grin This time, I will have a new battery in. Just put it in tonight. Them damn batteries aren't cheap. Over $7 a pop. Got two of them. I will have a spare for the next time my battery decides to die on me. Undecided Dodgy
12-18-2013, 09:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-18-2013, 09:07 PM by Hydro.)
i've been slacking from ice dive shackin, that ice just isn't crackin, so the chain saw's is thwackin'; Its time to post some clips from the past ice dips!!!! Cool

"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
12-19-2013, 06:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2013, 08:32 PM by Terry.)
"the chain saw's is, "thwackin" ?,,, It does seem you got sinking those big bergs down by getting them at an angle and walking upwards. The best part was in the middle of the second video, where underwater it appears your coming back to the hole, and when you come above the ice, I thought,,, we only cut two holes both jumped from inside my shack, how's Joe coming out an open hole, then I saw JJ's fishing bucket, (it had mostly blocked out my shack) then I realized only your arm and camera came out, (the small holes I cut for JJ to fish from). It made me smile, so where are we jumping this weekend?
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
12-19-2013, 09:47 PM,
I haven't given it any thought. I would like to try somewhere else, other than Minnetonka. I will check out some lakes on my side of the metro.
12-20-2013, 03:25 PM,
Nice videos! I am going to have to put the guns down early some weekend next season, that clear ice with no snow looks awesome.
12-22-2013, 01:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-22-2013, 04:05 PM by Terry.)
First time driving the vehicles onto the ice yesterday (this season). Jumped Medicine Lake in Hennepin Co. had a measured 14" total with 12" of clear ice, plenty strong for 3 full sized 4x4 vehicles. Found lots of trash, although the bottles we found appear to be more from young partiers, then young pioneers.

Here's a couple pics, first is Robert coming back to the hole saying he felt like his whole head was frozen in ice,

by , on Flickr

Here's Scuba and Popo's reaction,,,,

by , on Flickr
12-22-2013, 04:34 PM,
Ha that ice block pic is entertaining.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
12-22-2013, 07:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-22-2013, 07:21 PM by scubafreek864.)
Thumbs Up  RE: TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
Always fun times, even if we are in a heated shack. Big Grin

What do you guys think about heading out to the wrecks next weekend?

We can take my wheeler. I will put my studded tires on. I would like to get some video of them with my new/used camera.

Maybe check out the sidewheeler vis? If that is a bust, head to the other wrecks?
12-22-2013, 10:45 PM,
Yes.... I would vote for the wrecks as well. Let me know if it's going to be Saturday or Sunday when you can so I can make sure I ca get the better part of the day free.