Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
01-06-2014, 05:44 PM,
RE: TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
[/quote]found a decent place to snorkel, but its a half mile walk, called black beach... other places were pretty turned up from all the surf.... minnesota lakes taste[/b] better tho... i dont know if im gonna dive anywhere or not Confused
[/quote]

If you don't go dive...I'm gonna kick your B&## for not going diving someplace warm and beautiful this time of (Crappy, colllldddd!) year!!!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
01-07-2014, 03:29 PM,
[/quote]

cold weekend.-10 high yesterday.
dove new years on big carnelian 25ft vis summer/15ft vis winter
dove jan 4th (new lake) 2ft vis summer/25ft vis winter.

measured 16inches ice off launch. later re-measured final spot and found 8inches clear with several inches of white unknown ice top. in another spot there was 6inches of liquid on top of the ice that stopped a guy that looks like me in his truck tracks.(thats with subzero temps!)
[/quote]
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
01-09-2014, 03:43 PM,
flying back tomorrow, where we diving this weekend? diving sunday is easier for me as i get in friday at 11pm.

did some snorkeling in vieques, found out a day late about the uss killen wreck or I would have looked into diving it. swam around with a sea turtle and a stingray swam by... no anchors tho Tongue also got walloped by a wave in farrado that stole my snorkel. Dodgy
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
01-09-2014, 05:45 PM,
I may be free Sunday. Going out of town tomorrow and may return in time to dive Sunday.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
01-09-2014, 08:23 PM,
diving sunday is easier for me,,,

To quote Tina Turner singing, Proud Mary,,,,,"We never ever do nothing nice, and easy, we always do it nice, and rough",,,,,Joe your just coming back from a vacation in the Carib. with Kelly, that's about as close to heaven as any guy is going to get, so no more easy for you, time to toughen back up! Angry
I think its Popo's pick and we'll change up the date to Sunday for you and Scuba, anyway its supposed to be 35 degrees. Popo want to jump Whaletail, if its a whail of a disaster we'll got to Halstead or Priests bay on Tonka.
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
01-09-2014, 10:11 PM,
Hey all,I open either day, Saturday or Sunday or possibly both days.
01-10-2014, 05:33 AM,
my wife informed me that i couldn't jump sat. she failed to give me enough reason, so count me in for sure.but lets do early morning, as i have an event to attend in the late afternoon/evening. sunday im down for all day
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
01-11-2014, 10:49 PM,
I still think that we should at least check out the vis above the sidewheeler wreck tomorrow. Then we will know if it is worth diving this winter.

We can always head to the west side of excelsior bay to the rock pile, or anywhere else.
01-16-2014, 09:56 PM,
The vis on tonka sunday was amazing! like 40+ feet amazing, my video doesnt do it justice as there wasnt enough light for the gopro (cloudy plus snow) and I was so distracted by the amazing vis I didnt really focus on shooting good video... so I thought id at least post some video.

-John Calhoun
02-02-2014, 01:16 AM,
This board has been freezing over. We did some ice diving sat, and I took some video:

-John Calhoun