Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
04-12-2014, 07:27 PM,
RE: TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
So, today we decided to try and get in a few more dives of the ice season. Lake Harriet was chosen! When we arrived it was obvious that this was going to be a challenge in itself just getting onto the ice!

With Terry, Robert and Joe's sleds, we managed to get our gear and bodies out onto the ice. The problem now was staying above the ice and not sinking through it!

Joe picked a dive spot and we chopped a hole. I suggested we dive two holes instead on just the one, so Robert and I walked off about 150 to punch another hole. As I was sitting on the ice and almost ready to go, I heard Robert say something like "heres your hole!" I looked over to see that he had fallen through the ice!

All geared up, I started to slide my butt towards the hole, only to break through the ice about three feet from the hole! I turned to Robert and said "I guess this will work!"

After completing a 20 minute dive I surfaced and then realized what a fiasco it was going to be just to get back onto the ice! With two people tugging on the rope and me rolling on the ice I eventually found a spot where I could lay flat out and get out of my weight belt and B.C. and roll to a harder surface!

About then, communication became unclear, and Robert and I
left the ice thinking we were heading to Minnetonka. We spent the rest of the afternoon explaining to passerby's what those crazy guys were doing out on the ice!

Here is a link the you tube video

Messages In This Thread
TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge - by Terry - 11-24-2013, 01:58 PM
RE: TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge - by Rookie - 04-12-2014, 07:27 PM