12-27-2013, 09:16 AM,
Cave diving accident in North Florida
Cave diving accident in North Florida:
12-27-2013, 05:21 PM,
RE: Cave diving accident in North Florida
this story flabbergasts me.

"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
12-27-2013, 06:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-27-2013, 06:46 PM by Terry.)

This looks like a pretty nice spectrum of caving gear their packing (that can be seen) especially for an open water cert. and no cert...... perhaps WAY too much green spent on gear and not enough on training. The lack of cave training being lethal to the max. has been well known for more then 4 decades. or is there part of this story missing,,,,,,,
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
12-27-2013, 10:13 PM,
This type of story makes me really frustrated and angry as a father.
--Jason
12-27-2013, 10:31 PM,
a quick search of the cave info:

This site is deep (310') and a very advanced dive. The NACD and NSS-CDS recommends that you have the following MINIMUM qualifications to dive:
Full Cave Certification
Trimix certification
Appropriate experience with deep cave dives

the way its written there has to be some thing left out of the details,
so they get this gear for christmas and jump one of the most advanced caves they can find? a 14/15 year old kid with NO training? an adult with open water training? WHO trains people with open water to let them even think they can dive an overhead environment?

I can't think the kid did anything wrong, he was a kid. But some heavy ignorance on anyone that knew that an un-certified kid was diving doubles in a cave like that.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun