Remember me
Lost Password Register

Spectacle Lake 2014
01-12-2014, 08:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2014, 08:56 AM by Shooter.)
Spectacle Lake 2014
John and I cashed in on the heat wave and went diving on Sat 1-11. Forecast called for sunshine by 11am, but it didn't show up until closer to 3pm Sad. Visability was spectacular with close to 30'. We like to "shovel" rays when we ice dive, and make other creations in the snow surface, that appear to light up underneath the ice. A couple of weeks ago when we were diving on forest lake, we had planes keep low buzzing us and checking out our setup. here is a birdseye view of our setup. We started our rays with a north south and east west lines.

Can't get photos to upload, will try later...
01-13-2014, 09:05 AM,
RE: Spectacle Lake 2014
I haven't uploaded any photos to my Flickr account yet either, but here is a tasty video we took of our dive shelter and setup...

01-13-2014, 09:17 AM,
To post pics, you need a flickr account?
01-13-2014, 02:10 PM,
Shooter, what issue are you experiencing with photo uploads?
--Jason
01-13-2014, 07:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 07:22 PM by Shooter.)

I downsized the pic sizes and it wouldn't let me attach them, said I had exceeded my limit. This is the first time I have tried to upload pics on the new site. Might just be the old dog new trick thing though Smile

I tried it again and it takes awhile to upload, then dissapears
01-13-2014, 08:23 PM,

I downsized the pic sizes and it wouldn't let me attach them, said I had exceeded my limit. This is the first time I have tried to upload pics on the new site. Might just be the old dog new trick thing though Smile

[/quote]

Are the pics under 500k in size? Also, after you select the picture to attach to the message, make sure you click on the "add" button that appears to the right of the image on the website. It's a two-step process.
--Jason
01-13-2014, 08:36 PM,

[/quote]

Hey you guys, pretty cool video with the chopper, well done. Ya I ended up setting up a flika account to post a few pics, seemed to choke them back to about 10% of original pixal count, ever since the swap to the new site, they've been holding our head under to limit file size. Hey up on Millacs this year do you think (if we hold the shacks doors wide open, both yours and mine), one of you is a good enough pilot to fly in and out, that would be pretty neat to see both from the cockpit and the ground.
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
01-13-2014, 09:33 PM,
Angel hah nice video, so what if it takes a week to get the site ready and the filming done for your 40 minute dive!

i got a dinky quad-copter but it can take video for the 5 minutes the battery runs, im more interested in filming whats under the ice tho.Big Grin
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
01-14-2014, 07:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2014, 06:21 AM by DetectorGuy.)

I had the same thought of having it drop out of the clouds, swoop through the dive shelter with a diver in the hole, out the other door, and back up to 1000'... Then I woke up and went to work.
The Phantom 2 has a 30" wingspan and the door on the shelter is about 32" wide. Even if we banked it on its side, it would be dicey.

Thanks, It wasn't that much more plowing than we normally do. I think we got on the ice by 9:30, done plowing by 10:30, goof around with the chopper for a couple hours, dive for a couple hours, fly the chopper for another hour, and we were off the ice by 4:30. We still like to film under water, but this can add another dimension to the deal.
.jpg   1-11-2014 low angle.jpg (Size: 364.94 KB / Downloads: 11)
01-14-2014, 08:33 PM,

from what ive seen of the limited videos shared, i think hydros have been the finest(underwater vids) so far posted.

but the copter is awsome, should be flown every day
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;