Remember me
Lost Password Register

Spectacle Lake 2014
01-18-2014, 12:34 AM,
RE: Spectacle Lake 2014
Why would a person want to do this? If a transducer is hooked up to a fish finder, what more could be gained by re-creating the electronics in the factory built fish finder? Would a custom built transducer be better than a transducer that was designed and tested to provide reliable results? Companies have spent millions of dollars designing, testing, & refining the retail fish finders.
01-18-2014, 06:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2014, 06:27 AM by popolarbear.)
Why would a person want to do this? If a transducer is hooked up to a fish finder, what more could be gained by re-creating the electronics in the factory built fish finder? Would a custom built transducer be better than a transducer that was designed and tested to provide reliable results? Companies have spent millions of dollars designing, testing, & refining the retail fish finders.
[/quote]
do you remember when Blue screen was cutting edge. it made star wars possible. today its antiquated technology that almost any computer can do!chart plotters the same, you can do the equivalent on a laptop or smart phone(by downloading the ap). the advantage of understanding anything is to have greater control.

a fish finder ap would be interesting. thats it.

ha,
i found it.
VEXILAR, INC T-Pod SmartPhone Fish Finder

&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
01-18-2014, 11:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2014, 03:09 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Here is a link to our helicopter photos:
01-20-2014, 06:24 AM,
Here is another video over Green Lake from yesterday:

01-20-2014, 06:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 06:37 PM by Terry.)

Sphen and Oly out on Green Lake,,,,,
Sphen, "whats that buzzin I keep hearing"?
"Don't know Oly, you know I cant hear much anymore. But I'll take a look with my good eye once I put my glasses on. Sphen come quick! Look up in the air I think its one of them new fangled Russian Spy Drones".
"Oly don't you know nothing, the only thing Russia wants is our wife's Target store personal credit card information. That's one of those new DNR spy drones meant to catch people poaching more walleye's then you and I, by the way what is the walleye limit? Hang on I got another bite!"
"Sphen if you hadn't married my sister, and bought the beer today,,,,I think its a NSA drone, painted white in honor of that Snowden fella. You know I'm a good shot, I betcha next weeks beer that it can't outrun this 12 gauge,,,,,,,,
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
06-02-2014, 10:12 AM,

Vis was close to 40', Had a blast! Good day on the water. Anyone have a mannequin or skeleton that we can pose in the lifeguard chair?