Remember me
Lost Password Register

buffalo and carp
07-20-2014, 04:11 PM,
RE: buffalo and carp
here we go.
regular spot wasn't clear enough and too much boat traffic, we stumbled on this spot. what a gem. JJ lost a personal record. new secret spot.
enjoy the vid gang.

&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
07-21-2014, 07:31 PM,
That is awesome! Gotta love sneaking up on them, and boom! Big Grin
07-22-2014, 05:44 AM,
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
07-22-2014, 04:22 PM,

Brad Parsons, DNR regional fisheries manager.

Parsons said the discovery of these fish does not necessarily mean a breeding population of invasive carp exists within Pool 2. Still, he said both fish were females that contained eggs. “That’s concerning,” he said.

WOW! I can see why they made this guy a manager,,,,,,, goes along the line, if your parents didn't have kids, your not likely to either. Pool 2 is my normal cruising area for a Mississippi run, now all we need to do is wait a few years till they breed up a storm, and get the 12 gauges loaded onto the Impulse. Looking forward to that adventure!
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
07-29-2014, 08:56 AM,
to stick up for Brad from the DNR a bit, there is a slight chance that all we'll ever see up this far north are migrant fish like the ones that were just caught

there is some thought within the fishery world that the bighead and silvers need a very specific ecosystem/climate for breeding (the Illinois River being perfect) and that reproduction may not place successfully in the Great Lakes or in the more northern reaches of the mighty Miss

it could very well be wishful thinking on their part, but I guess we'll see soon enough

personally, I would love the opportunity to actually shoot some big fish with my speargun and bow that are good to eat, but I wouldn't want to see fisheries and ecosystems ruined for my own selfish hunting needs