Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby diving
06-29-2014, 06:42 AM,
Crosby diving

.jpg   10497916_10152202877261720_7235655464848294688_o.jpg (Size: 60.48 KB / Downloads: 30) The vis in Crosby is getting good, really good bellow 60ft
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
06-29-2014, 07:56 PM,
RE: Crosby diving

FYI:
Confused
only portsmouth is open... pennington Boat launch is closed for construction
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
06-29-2014, 10:11 PM,
RE: Or b gone last weds

FYI:
Confused
[/quote]

O rb gone vis poor till 20 feet very milky on trolley cards
06-29-2014, 10:12 PM,

FYI:
Confused
[/quote]

All the pits are open for diving.....just the boat launch is closed at Pennington. The only site cut off by that is the padi 79 site.
06-29-2014, 10:36 PM,
I think ice diving has made me soft.. I want to gear up and jump in without a hike... like the dude at portsmouth eating lunch before packing up his diving gear while his car is blocking the boat launch and the bike trail for an hour. Vis still has a bit to go.. we only saw like 20'
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
06-30-2014, 03:02 PM,
It may be more correct to say boat diving is limited to Portsmouth. I'm sure the shore sites via Silkstone road are all open.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
06-30-2014, 06:04 PM,
It may be more correct to say boat diving is limited to Portsmouth. I'm sure the shore sites via Silkstone road are all open.
[/quote]

That would not be correct either. The Pennington ramp is not the only place to put a boat in on that group of mines.........I can think of 5 other spots to launch.:-)
06-30-2014, 09:07 PM,
[/quote]

That would not be correct either. The Pennington ramp is not the only place to put a boat in on that group of mines.........I can think of 5 other spots to launch.:-)
[/quote]
Hi Doug,
I'd like to know of a couple of those sites if you could. Right now Pennington's main launch is closed for 8-10 weeks due to construction of a new 100 spot parking lot along the road between Pennington's main launch and the long gravel launch between Mahnomen 2 and 3 where you have to back down. The gate is closed half mile towards town from Pen. main launch which closes Mahnomen 2 and 3 launch also. I've launched the Impulse (a 21' Searay) at both of those many times, and Portsmouth's main launch and out at Section 6, and at the gravel ramp in Huntington where we all dove the dump truck, pulled it back to Louise and believe I could launch there too. I also think I could launch at Alstead straight east of the Island. Someone said you should be able to launch on the west end of Alstead but I wasn't sure where. If I had a few other big four wheeled vehicles with I could probably launch her anywhere, albeit ugly, even off a cliff, the tricky part is bringing her back if you started to spin.
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
06-30-2014, 09:13 PM,
Thanks for the warning!
07-01-2014, 05:14 AM,
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hi Doug,
I'd like to know of a couple of those sites if you could. Right now Pennington's main launch is closed for 8-10 weeks due to construction of a new 100 spot parking lot along the road between Pennington's main launch and the long gravel launch between Mahnomen 2 and 3 where you have to back down. The gate is closed half mile towards town from Pen. main launch which closes Mahnomen 2 and 3 launch also. I've launched the Impulse (a 21' Searay) at both of those many times, and Portsmouth's main launch and out at Section 6, and at the gravel ramp in Huntington where we all dove the dump truck, pulled it back to Louise and believe I could launch there too. I also think I could launch at Alstead straight east of the Island. Someone said you should be able to launch on the west end of Alstead but I wasn't sure where. If I had a few other big four wheeled vehicles with I could probably launch her anywhere, albeit ugly, even off a cliff, the tricky part is bringing her back if you started to spin.
[/quote]

Well Terry you missed a few but you have more than enough to get you on the water