Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving and camping!
06-30-2014, 11:16 PM,
Diving and camping!
Hi everyone! Hope I can bug you all again for some more help Smile

We're planning a camping trip for next weekend (11th-13th) and we'd love to find a place that has a lake or 2 to dive close by. I was thinking the Crosby area but I worry that the only campsite there, Portsmouth, will be full since it is first come first serve. Does anyone have any experience with this spot? Do you think we can get a site on a Friday (perhaps early afternoon)? I would just hate to pack all of our gear and get up there to find all the sites are full :/ Of course nothing is available at any of the DNR state parks that accept reservations!

Any other lakes/quarries up north with good camping close by? One of our instructors mentioned when they do the AOW in Crosby they just camp right on the beach at Serpent Lake - is there any truth to this? Which part of the lake is it?
07-01-2014, 05:21 AM,
RE: Diving and camping!
There is camping on the west side of Serpent by the boat launch. Ive never used it so I don't know how it works but Ive seen divers camped there.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
07-01-2014, 12:28 PM,
I'm in the middle of getting my O.W. certification through Aquaventure. They have an event coming up called Scuba-Palooza on Aug. 16

It's at Lake Ore-Be-Gone and there is a campground right on the lake which looks like you can reserve right online.

I hope this helps!

Thanks, Bryce.
07-01-2014, 12:37 PM,
Yep we are registered for that and are planning on camping up there Smile doesn't help for next weekend though unfortunately!
07-03-2014, 01:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014, 02:07 PM by Claymore.)
I believe there is camping at the Serpent lake park in Crosby, just south of the Holiday station. Check for private campgrounds in the Crosby area, I believe there are several. There is an area that is used for camping at the main dive site at Louise Pit. There are no hookups bathrooms or showers. There have been some instances of YaHoos coming through at night.
07-05-2014, 06:17 PM,

The Portsmouth State Park campground is fairly large and I doubt it would be "Full" unless there were a major event going on. Scuba Palooza is up in Gilbert which is much farther north. I believe Mangan pit also has an area where people camp with no hookup. There are so many options to dive up there.... Big Grin
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
07-06-2014, 02:16 PM,
I called the campground and she said we have a pretty good chance if we show up before the after-work crowd, so we're planning on getting up there around 1pm-2. We're pretty excited!