Remember me
Lost Password Register

equipment redundancy...u think u're bad..
04-30-2003, 02:59 PM,
Re:equipment redundancy...u think u're bad..
Hope a few of my daughters don't mind me posting their pics here..

Cold and dark down there huh?
04-30-2003, 03:55 PM,
From the intensity of the replies I know what camp you guys are coming from and won't continue of the subject anymore. If I wanted a gun debate I could post on rec.scuba.com Wink

BTW: The kids who did the shooting was 15 and immune from any real consequences. The fourth grader got moved to another school, but since public school HAVE to educate everyone by law, unlike private schools, he still got to come back when he should have been booted out.

I grew up in a family that hunts. We had guns around all of the time. I went deer hunting for the first time at 13. I was always allowed free access and shown how to do things in a safe and responsible manner. I only changed my views after teaching for almost 10 years in the city and watching FIRST- HAND how (hand) guns took their toll.

I don't intend to change your opinion, as you won't change mine, but just wanted to let you know that there are always two sides to every story.

Now, how about going back to talking about diving.

Fred, all of that stuff you have packed makes you look like a tech-diver, not a freediver. Wink

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
04-30-2003, 04:09 PM,
fair enough Jon.

I re-packed all the diving gear into the explorer today along with the spearguns (3), but I left out the 2 tents, 2 sleeping bags, 2 camp pads..still not as organized as DanL and Jasonb were last weekend. You know the bad thing is I would really like to get a Mazda Miata convertable :Smile
tech freediving.. that sounds good.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
04-30-2003, 04:16 PM,
All you need are a couple of dive scooters. Wink

THey take up some space, but are wicked fun in the water. I can cover so much ground with mine on a wreck it's almost scary. ;D

Your not using any energy, so you can spend twice as much time on the bottom. It also means that you are not as winded on the surface for your breath-up. You don't wear any bulky scuba gear which means that you can go about 4 times as fast as a scuba diver on a scooter, and it is also the easy way to get deep without a sled.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
04-30-2003, 08:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-30-2003, 08:39 PM by igotoofar.)
There is nothing in life like the accumulation of stuff! Tongue

I remember when I moved last, I had a 6 car garage that was FULL of stuff. When I cleaned it out I was amazed how big it was empty. I vowed that I wouldn't let my new tiny 2 car garage get that way. I'm still working in thinning it out, but I am getting there! 8)

When I go on motorcycle trips I have really gotten good at minimizing my stuff I bring with.

....of course I could always use a new tank or 2........