Remember me
Lost Password Register

Perch Lake/Hudson 8/1 report
08-03-2014, 07:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014, 07:43 PM by stick500.)
Perch Lake/Hudson 8/1 report
Just took my girls there this weekend for snorkeling in the shallows- vis not so great and less fish than what I saw a couple years ago. It would have been better vis and fish (and closer) to just take them to Tonka right now!

However, did enjoy the peace and quiet of the lake and the opportunity to kayak and paddleboard for not a lot of dough, as well as a great beach and grill area.

There are a bunch of statues and stuff for SCUBA divers there (Perch is a popular training area), but the fish population in the shallows is suffering. I understand they did a full-on fish kill there some years ago to get rid of the carp and put in a trout fishery (lake is spring-fed). I've been there twice and have never seen a carp. Of course, I like seeing big carp! Smile
08-04-2014, 09:59 AM,
RE: Perch Lake/Hudson 8/1 report
Thanks for the report. I remember seeing some big carp there years ago. The vis really seemed to suffer after they built the park. Perch is always best in the early spring/late fall.
--Jason