Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Elmo Update
04-30-2003, 08:03 AM,
Lake Elmo Update
I made it out to Lake Elmo tuesday night for a dive. Here is an update on the VIS, 0 VIS YES THATS RIGHT 0 VIS. i enjoy diving but would like to have a min. of 5-6 feet. For those of you thinking of Lake Elmo i would recommend another lake unless you like 0 VIS. See everyone tonight.

Jason. Wink
04-30-2003, 08:35 AM,
Re:Lake Elmo Update
Darn :o That really sucks. >Sad What was the vis when you dove there on the 8th?
04-30-2003, 08:46 AM,
gp,

i belive it was somewhere in the 6-8 ft. range. i thought it would be 12+. its a really nice lake and very deep, i wish the vis was better.

Jason Smile
04-30-2003, 09:19 AM,
I wonder what would cause viz to drop that much so fast? ??? We haven't really gotten much rain in the last few weeks.
04-30-2003, 09:41 AM,
gp,
the vis gets really affected this time of year by turn over, when the more rapid temperature changes of the water cause it to rotate bottom to top, it lifts everything off the bottom. That's my understanding.. that's why I changed that 03 Spring Get Together to the middle of June.. I remember how bad some of the lakes in my area got last year shortly after the ice was off. I'll probably run into the same thing when I try spearfishing on May 1st.. no vis, so no fish.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
06-29-2003, 05:50 PM,
Has anyone dove at Elmo lately? If so how is the vis and the boat traffic? I would like to try it during the week if the vis improves.
GO DIVING!
06-29-2003, 08:42 PM,
I haven't dove it recently but heard from someone who had maybe a week ago and they said the viz was lousy. Sad