Remember me
Lost Password Register

Trinity's 5th annual icing challenge
11-19-2014, 09:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2014, 09:13 PM by Terry.)
Trinity's 5th annual icing challenge
Hello everyone!
It's that time of the year again. The best time for diving in Minnesota. Scuba Steve, Young Joe and I went out to Gervais lake last Saturday. It was about two thirds covered with ice but not structurally sound enough to get 12 feet from shore without breaking through. So obviously that could not be counted as the official beginning of the 5th annual. In looking at the stats, we are just short of a 150,000 reads indicating just how little there is to do here in Minnesota in the dead of winter. I would like to personally thank all those 150,000 people but I suspect it would be the same 10 people I would have to thank 15,000 times each. A few weeks back, up on Ore-be-gone mine, my little sister and I aboard the new Impulse thought we might be starting it early in the snowstorm we endured Friday afternoon. But it turned out just to be a dreary, cold weekend instead. John came to see us as did Scuba Steve. This makes me feel like maybe there is a rap song here,,,,, Sung to the nonsensical mindless sway of the latest rapper to be busted for violating societal decency,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Young Joe was a no show,
Nate knew he was up against,,,, myself,,,, his own foe, lol
Popo was no doubt too busy with his own fate, continuing to procreate,
My little sister she came with to have fun, but as usual kept sex crimes on the run.
It was so flipping cold I'd been told, I couldn't even get, that bold,
On my new boat I knew we would be tested, with the heaters running my little sister and I would be nested.
To all my ex's,,,, don't read into that nest, for my little sister Tammy is always the fest.
This years challenge isn't about lost artifacts, it isn't about doctor's filling up their sacks, or even about their lack of tacks.
It's about the good times, and not just people chasing the dimes.
Every weekend when we go icing, we all cheer as we watch the block slip, beneath the frozen tip, while Nate and John load up on another dip.
I grab the ice screws and go for a clip, Scuba Steve takes his best run, and goes for a slip.
Lot's of Mnscuba's readers dream of a warm trip, while me and my friends grab a cold beer, and go for a dip. For those of you who want to jump Minnesota's sound, in search of the elusive heavy iron pound, basking in the glory of what you found, but yet under the ice, you prefer not to drown, or come across as a clown, then don't go, Isanti bound.

To quote the late, great, Freddie Mercury,,,, "I thank you all",,,,,, Nate, John, Scuba Steve, Young Joe, Popo, Robert, Scottie, Jason, JJ, and Rachel for the good times of over 10% of my 1360 dives over the last 34 years, ,,,,,,,,Trinity
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
11-19-2014, 09:17 PM,
RE: Trinity's 5th annual icing challenge
Can't wait to get back into the water and under the ice. It is the best time to dive in Minnesota. We will have another fun and eventful season of ice diving. It won't be long now.

Big Grin
11-19-2014, 10:28 PM,
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
11-22-2014, 01:02 PM,

1" of crystal clear ice on tonka now
-John Calhoun
11-22-2014, 10:06 PM,

Quit harassing the swans/ducks Joe! Cool It was a good day of icing, and cannot wait to do it more!
11-25-2014, 11:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2014, 09:27 AM by popolarbear.)
here is picture to bring in the new season

once again the mnscuba image hosting needs me to link. ok. here is pic..give me a great feeling to be out icing again.

[URL=http://s476.photobucket.com/user/shimizunet/media/P4051702.jpg.html][/URL]
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
11-26-2014, 05:18 PM,
nice new virgin lake with sandy bottom today, with no crazy lady yelling at me about molesting pooping geese.
-John Calhoun
11-29-2014, 02:01 PM,
This year the ice is thicker so we have to dive quicker.. the air is getting chilly so terry whips out his tent. Some pple call us stealers when robert brings his 4wheeler.. when he starts to plow the ladies come out to bow. Scotty brings the burning heater to thaw out his frozen hands and popo demands all the old cans. JJ brings the poles and doubles up the holes to catch all the swole fishes from the shoals. And thats what it takes to jump in frozen lakes.
-John Calhoun
12-07-2014, 08:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2014, 08:36 AM by popolarbear.)
gang is growing, seems we got 10guys now depending who shows on which day! literally a gang of crazies, moving across the bay doing strange thing and leaving strange signs of life behind. cant quite make out the sign on the wall/ or ah snow.

[URL=http://s476.photobucket.com/user/shimizunet/media/PC050194.jpg.html][/URL]
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
12-08-2014, 10:41 PM,
i dont know about the gang growing popo, if anything less ice divers... insanti county guys have frozen off the map, its just us left... heres a video showing our stark desolation this year...

-John Calhoun