Remember me
Lost Password Register

New Requirement by State "Lake Service Provider" exotic species class next month
03-08-2015, 06:25 AM,
New Requirement by State "Lake Service Provider" exotic species class next month
heads up. any divers that provide occasional services for lake community. you might be required under current law to have this class. its only offered for a limited time each year. and is good for 3 years. ...
its questionable if it actually would apply.
it is very specific in the words
"do you REMOVE water related equipment"

the question would be if you are assisting someone private that lost say an outboard, and they actually pulled it up to the surface once you hand it to them. who is removing what?

if this is the case, then all public safety divers and recovery teams would be required one person on site at all times that has had this class. the rest of the team would need the online training.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
03-08-2015, 07:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015, 07:26 AM by stick500.)
RE: New Requirement by State "Lake Service Provider" exotic species class next month
every spring I toss this water-related equipment into Cedar Lake and remove it, hopefully with something stuck on it Smile

but seriously, the way rules and regs are worded sometimes can get us into trouble we never saw coming

thanks for the heads up Popo- aren't you supposed to be on your way to ice fishing today??
03-10-2015, 06:48 AM,
RE: New Requirement by State "Lake Service Provider" exotic species class next month
after more thought, at this point, i think most divers could argue that they assist owner in removal, as long as you dont actually do the removal of item. you would be fine by the letter of the law. tow company on the other hand would not. since they may be in the process of removing a vehicle with say sticks water related lure in it.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
03-12-2015, 06:23 PM,
every time you scuba dive, "you REMOVE water related equipment" <---------retards writing laws.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
03-13-2015, 08:38 AM,
RE: New Requirement by State "Lake Service Provider" exotic species class ne...
Good one Hydro.. ha! Smarty!
Cold and dark down there huh?
03-13-2015, 08:38 AM,
RE: New Requirement by State "Lake Service Provider" exotic species class ne...
Good one Hydro.. ha! Smarty!
Cold and dark down there huh?