Remember me
Lost Password Register

ears crackling and popping / equalizing
05-02-2003, 08:27 AM,
ears crackling and popping / equalizing
a question for gp,
Have you analized your ear situation? Wondering how your ear(s) is doing after the Crosby thing.
Some thoughts:
I think all this dryland equalization I've been doing over time has sure got my eardrums limbered up.. looking at my breath-hold dive profile to -73' in only 18 or 19 seconds, that's some rapid equalizing and it didn't become a problem until around -70' but only because I forgot to fill my mouth with air. Here's what I hear at -70' trying to equalize with no air left to do it with... the mouthfill.wav
With those rapid pressure changes, insides of the ears have to be real stretchy to clear. I notice like popcorn popping in my ears often, at anytime (dryland), sometimes worse than others, but it maybe has gotten to where I don't notice so much, maybe it's because things are so loose. Just my theory, maybe that's what you're experiencing. Has it cleard up? Have you seen the doc about it?
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
05-02-2003, 08:48 AM,
Re:ears crackling and popping / equalizing
Fred, I dove Wednesday night with no problems. I think it was just allergies last Saturday night and I had some sinus congestion which made it difficult to clear. I could have taken some sudafed but I don't like to take that crap after hearing all of the health problems associated with ephedra.
05-02-2003, 09:02 AM,
after I sent the post I realized I hadn't mentioned about maybe a cold coming on or something. I tend to know days in advance of a cold because of the ears. These darn allergies.. yesterday I couldn't stand it anymore and did an alegra-D, it was good for only about 3 1/2hrs. Well, nice to know what the rest of the world breathes like for a little while anyway. good your ears cleared up.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
05-02-2003, 10:09 AM,
Fred: I am just getting over a nice Spring head cold. I had some issues on Wed. night but was able to manage. I really wonder how much help some of the over-the-counter decongestants really have??? So take heart , someone else shares your sniffles!!!

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
05-02-2003, 10:49 AM,
Jean, I used Sudafed a couple times last year and it really did work and I was able to save a couple dives using it. However, I am hesitant to use it anymore now with all of the bad stuff coming out in the last year about ephedra use. It's a stimulant so it raises your blood pressure which is not a good thing.
05-02-2003, 11:29 AM,
Thanks gp , I will keep that in mind!!!!

Jean ;D
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH