Remember me
Lost Password Register

United Legacy Search Group
12-21-2015, 02:15 PM,
United Legacy Search Group
I am writing this post to all of the recreational divers in Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to bring to your attention to a group called United Legacy. Here is a link to their facebook page: This is an amazing group of people that organize public and private search efforts at no cost to families or law enforcement. Up until now they have done mostly land searches using huge numbers volunteers on foot, a couple teams on horseback, a few on 4 wheelers, and the use of drones and helicopters. At times there is a need for extending these volunteer searches into the water, and sometimes divers are available but do not know how to help. I know that there are probably some recreational divers that have the equipment, skills, and the desire that would be a great asset to a group like this, but never had a chance to get involved. The beauty of this operation is that even though they work with law enforcement agencies throughout Minnesota, they conduct these searches parallel to the structure of governmentally run search efforts, and often times these searches are extending past the abilities of county search efforts. At times that are darkest for families of missing people, if there is anything we can do to shorten the grieving process for them, we should try to do that. So if you can, please make contact with them and let them know that if and when the searches extend below the surface of the water, you may be available to help. Thank you and have a great Christmas.
John
12-21-2015, 06:31 PM,
RE: United Legacy Search Group
I will let them know, we would be happy to help,,,,,Trinity
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
02-16-2016, 08:00 PM,
RE: United Legacy Search Group

I did some searching in the Savage area with this group shortly before Thanksgiving. Unfortunately they weren't asking for divers until the water was getting hard. By then my vacation was over and I had to go back to work.
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!