Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wanted: Old/unwanted equipment for training paramedic students
02-04-2016, 12:56 PM,
Wanted: Old/unwanted equipment for training paramedic students
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this - I can move it to general discussion if anyone thinks that would be better.

I'm doing some SCUBA familiarization for paramedic students in the Twin Cities in the next few weeks and I'm trying to put together some old (as in poor condition or otherwise just unwanted) dive gear that can be used for running rescue scenarios in a pool environment. I'm doing it voluntarily and bringing my own regs and some gear, but it would be really great to have some stuff that they can practice removing from a person, or using as rescue aids.

I'm going to be teaching them things like how to remove equipment with minimal damage where possible (ie. no need to chop a drysuit in two when the person isn't in real trouble), how to recover divers from the water efficiently and running through dive emergencies in more detail than they'd normally get.

I'm hoping to make this a regular thing, and it'd be great to be able to have a range of equipment so they can get some experience in and around the water and also so they can learn how to efficiently handle a diver in distress.

Any diving or diving related equipment would be appreciated even if it's non-functional. Suits, BCs, regs, accessories, etc (anything that might be awkward or entangling would be useful)- even if they won't be useable for life support, they can be used for land based scenario work. I'd like to think that doing this will mean that the medic students who go through this will have a better handle on how to deal with diving emergencies.

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or items to donate. I can pick up from the metro area or arrange a meet-up.

Thanks!

Dan.
03-21-2016, 12:11 PM,
RE: Wanted: Old/unwanted equipment for training paramedic students
[quote='DDKLMy name is Todd. Because of medical reasons I can no longer dive. I have complete set up. E-mail me at shamancat2012@yahhoo.com for particulars. I am located in Bloomington and will need someone to pick it up. Price is low because this is deseration sale.' pid='41113' dateline='1454612169']
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this - I can move it to general discussion if anyone thinks that would be better.

I'm doing some SCUBA familiarization for paramedic students in the Twin Cities in the next few weeks and I'm trying to put together some old (as in poor condition or otherwise just unwanted) dive gear that can be used for running rescue scenarios in a pool environment. I'm doing it voluntarily and bringing my own regs and some gear, but it would be really great to have some stuff that they can practice removing from a person, or using as rescue aids.

I'm going to be teaching them things like how to remove equipment with minimal damage where possible (ie. no need to chop a drysuit in two when the person isn't in real trouble), how to recover divers from the water efficiently and running through dive emergencies in more detail than they'd normally get.

I'm hoping to make this a regular thing, and it'd be great to be able to have a range of equipment so they can get some experience in and around the water and also so they can learn how to efficiently handle a diver in distress.

Any diving or diving related equipment would be appreciated even if it's non-functional. Suits, BCs, regs, accessories, etc (anything that might be awkward or entangling would be useful)- even if they won't be useable for life support, they can be used for land based scenario work. I'd like to think that doing this will mean that the medic students who go through this will have a better handle on how to deal with diving emergencies.

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or items to donate. I can pick up from the metro area or arrange a meet-up.

Thanks!

Dan.
[/quote]
03-28-2016, 12:48 PM,
this is Todd again: my e-mail address should read shamancat2012@yahoo.com or you can text me at 651 756-0960. Thank you.
08-29-2016, 01:30 PM,
This is Todd again regarding my earlier postings. I still have the gear mentioned earlier, please respond.