Remember me
Lost Password Register

Looking for a lake with crayfish...
05-23-2003, 10:56 AM,
Looking for a lake with crayfish...
Yep...You heard it right...I am looking for a lake with a noticable amount of crayfish in it. I know most lakes like that have sand bottoms(?). Does anyone know of such a body of pristine water someone can go prusing for these little fresh water beasties!!!

Thanks...

Jean ;D
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
05-23-2003, 11:46 AM,
Re:Looking for a lake with crayfish...
somebody got a recipe for cajun crayfish?

i know a couple rivers with crawfish...
but dont know nothin about river divin'
05-23-2003, 11:50 AM,
Mille Lacs at the southwest corner. There were an unreal amount of them on the rocks on the bottom last year. If I get up there this year I will be netting them for a swim with potatoes, corn and a bit of seasoning.

JoelW
05-23-2003, 12:42 PM,
Jean,
check this link out.. scroll down and read the second paragragh.. it still holds true today.. unbelievable.

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
05-23-2003, 01:27 PM,
Hey , thanks Fred and Joel for the lake info.

Say Chris , I don't necessarily want to eat these things..Never tasted them. But they say they are very tasty when cooked the right way.
Oh Fred BTW: I did my first *EVER* open-water cert. dive in Bad Medicine...It was very scary (because I didn't know what I was doing) and it was very cool at the same time. I remember this lake being very, very clear...
But then , the young and the restless are forever fooled!!!!

Thanks again...
Jean Smile
05-23-2003, 01:28 PM,
Jean, your not planning to have one mounted are you??
05-23-2003, 01:30 PM,
Which one did you mean...the bullhead or the crayfish??? If it's up to me neither of them...Both of them have little beady eyes.
Jean Smile
05-23-2003, 02:06 PM,
Jean,
Where I come from...Ely....the little, and sometimes not so little buggers swarm, you have to watch where your toes are when your swimming. They also take great joy in grabbing and holding on to fingers, sticks or whatever you may have that they can take hold of. I can give you a handful of lake names if your headed up North.
Michelle
06-17-2003, 07:47 AM,
My husband and I have dove Bad Medicine Lake twice so far this spring (soon to be summer--and we're heading back this Thursday) and it is very clear and there are quite a few blue-armed crayfish! We saw one crayfish that was huge (as crayfish go--as I said to my husband--"That one almost looks like a lobster!" ). Compared to Square Lake which we dove in mid-May, Bad Medicine has much more visibility.

Alyson :o
06-17-2003, 08:19 AM,
Thanks for the update!!! Is that the Bad Medicine up by Itaska State Park??? I did my BOW back in that lake years ago. (or was it decades...) I remember that was a really nice lake to dive.

Jean