Remember me
Lost Password Register

Shears
03-20-2002, 05:45 AM,
Shears
I'm looking at picking up a set of shears.  What do you guys use?  I've been looking at the "Super Shears" from the ScubaChick website.  They cost a little more but because they have a standard squeeze type handle that you can grip with your whole hand instead of loops for your thumb and finger like the normal shears I thought they might be easier to use with thick coldwater gloves on.  What do you think?
03-20-2002, 05:47 AM,
Re: Shears
I have the standard ones, (not the mini) and they seem fine. Also, with the 'hooped' handles there is less chance of it slipping out of your hand.<br><br>I'm sure both work equally well though and it's personal preference probably.
03-20-2002, 05:11 PM,
I've got SeaSnips.  They are very easy to hang onto.  I opted for them over a knife cuz I tend to be somewhat klutzy with knives, especially in the kitchen.<br><br>Shelly  
03-21-2002, 01:40 AM,
I have sea snips, kind of.  For an inexpensive way to get a set take a trip to Fleet Farm.  They used to sell a little hobby kit in the tool section that had clamps, a glue gun, mini screwdrivers and, what's this, it looks like sea snips without the nylon holder.  The whole set was $7.00.     <br><br>JoelW
05-01-2002, 11:07 PM,
SeaSnips are good.  You could always wander into your local medical uniform supply shop and pick up a set of EMT shears for about $5; cheaper than the shears sold at the LDS.