05-13-2003, 01:34 PM,
Re:question for everyone

as many as can fit?

per MN statute 86B.06 Subd. 2a) "no more than four may dive under one flag"

hows that for sharpshooting?
05-13-2003, 01:39 PM,
ah....but wait a minute chrisw...

Does that apply to Lake Minnetonka? hmm...this is a test, and it's not so simple.

And how many for Square Lake?

And for Crosby?

Here's a hint: Don't get caught with four divers under one flag in Tonka!

05-13-2003, 01:46 PM,
a test? oh no!

i think it also depends upon the type of swimming
area you are or are not in (86B.11subd4)...

other posted or non-posted city, county, federal
regulations...

or other contracted agreements commercial or private...

phase of moon...
05-13-2003, 02:04 PM,
I think Chrisw has it right on the botton!!! You win a prize!!!

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
05-13-2003, 02:47 PM,
was the statute that I was reading, but I hadn't considerd that a local power could impose further restrictions.

Of course this being said, have you ever seen someone ticked for a flag violation?
05-13-2003, 03:16 PM,
Rich from SD&T has a couple of good stories about DNR/dive flag enforcements...
05-13-2003, 03:18 PM,
4 Smile
05-13-2003, 06:55 PM,
At Perch Lake the answer is 0. I don't think the sheriff out there knows that you need a dive flag. I saw this first hand a couple weeks ago -- after a fisherman tried to kill my dive buddy with a rock.
--Jason
05-13-2003, 07:06 PM,
Jasonb.. you gotta elaborate on that story ???
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
05-14-2003, 05:30 AM,
I will and Jason can fill in any thing I miss. A couple weeks ago Jason, Jose and I were diving together under one flag at Perch Lake. We headed to the left side from the entry point into the little bay and the viz was near zero at times over there. After awhile we lost Jose. We looked for a short time and then ascended. When we surfaced we saw Jose over near shore by two other divers all with no dive flags. We also saw a Sherriff on shore yelling at them to come to shore. Jason and I thought they were going to get fined for no dive flag. :o We also thought the sherriff might ask us to come in too so we were like..."screw this we're going back down" so we descended and finished our dive LOL!!! Anyway, when we were done with the dive we found out that there were some fisherman that didn't like the scuba divers in the water and started throwing rocks and cursing at them when they were on the surface. Some witnesses called the police and the Sherriff came out. I don't believe there were any fines but the fisherman left after they were scolded. ;D