Remember me
Lost Password Register

pirannha's in minnesota lakes
05-15-2003, 11:07 AM,
pirannha's in minnesota lakes
One of the TV stations was talking about pirannha's in minnesota lakes a couple days ago. I just heard the ad for the story, but forgot to watch the news that night. Did anybody else here of this or watch the story? Has anyone seen pirannha's in MN lakes? It sounded more like one of their ads were they try to scare you into watching the news, so I'm sure there isn't much too it.
05-15-2003, 11:15 AM,
Re:pirannha's in minnesota lakes
Scott, your not trying to say that the media isn't presenting a well balanced story? Tongue
05-15-2003, 11:37 AM,
Here's several links to piranha news in Minnesota.. nothing to recent but I thought someone else mentioned piranha in Mn. to me just recently...

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
05-15-2003, 11:39 AM,
I just get sick of their ads when they have no descent news stories, so they try to scare people into watching. A couple weeks ago they were talking about seatbelts in certain cars that would fail and unbuckle in accidents. They had plenty of time to talk about the dangers of it, but they wouldn't tell which cars they were in. So, in order to find out if your life was in danger, you had to watch their show that night and increase their ratings.
05-15-2003, 11:51 AM,
LOL...I'm shaking in my fins. :Smile
05-15-2003, 11:53 AM,
I bet feeding pirannha's would be really interesting compared to feeding sunnies. Anyone up for a pirannha dive? Hopefully, they wouldn't like the taste of wet suit or dry suit!
05-15-2003, 11:57 AM,
Actually, someone caught one in the river by the nuclear plant close to Hastings. I don't think it was a 'pirahna', but a very close relative. This was last year I believe. There have also been reports of them in Prescott, Wi I believe.

Mean looking little buggers...
05-15-2003, 12:19 PM,
Mean looking, but when I worked at a pet store, I had my hands in the pirahna tank many times without any problems. I'm sure with all the minnows in our lakes if there are pirahna in them, they're well fed. The only time I've seen one attack anything remotely bigger than them is when they're really hungry and in a group.
-Dave
05-15-2003, 12:20 PM,
Wouldn't it be something if they were able to live through the winters though and actually reproduce in numbers?
05-15-2003, 12:35 PM,
One would have to think seriously before doing the [glow=red,2,300]Warhammer Maneuver
[/glow] 8)