Remember me
Lost Password Register

Loose fitting BCD
05-22-2003, 09:29 AM,
Loose fitting BCD
I bought a ScubaPro Knighthawk last Spring (XL) and it fit me well last year, well this year things are a little different after losing 60 pounds. I have all the straps and tight as they'll go and I even bought a crotch strap for it and it still moves around a bit while I dive... Does anyone know if there is a place that can adjust it, or am I going to be stuck buying a new one or going to the backplace/wings setup? I don't think it's loose enough to be a danger issue, but it's annoying.
05-22-2003, 10:04 AM,
Re:Loose fitting BCD
Chris, I am not familiar with the Nighthawk BC but I know some BC's allow you to swap out the shoulder part and the cummerbund parts for different sizes. That's how it was with the Ranger BC I used to have. Personally if I were you I'd just sell the Nighthawk on Ebay and get a backplate wing setup. It'll be the last BC you'll ever have to buy and you'll never have to worry about the fit if you gain a few pounds back. Wink You could probably get enough money selling it to pay for at least half of a BP/Wing setup. Just a thought. Also, before you decide you should hook up with one of us for some dives again and try one of our BP/Wing rigs to see how you like it. I'm sure if you do though you'll become convinced you want to come over to the darkside. Tongue
05-22-2003, 10:25 AM,
I'm sure a BP/Wing setup will be next, but I was hoping to use the BC I have until I can save up for a dry suit first. Problem is, on the upper strap connection it's all the way tight and the shoulder pieces are actually touching so there's no more room for adjustment... grrr.
05-23-2003, 02:22 PM,
Chris,
Look under the air cell. If the Knight hawk is like the Lady Hawk, there are numerous, (I count five)adjustment positions that tightenor loosen the waist straps, but not the cummberbun. As far as the shoulder straps, there is no way I could tighten mine down all the way.
Michelle
05-27-2003, 07:00 AM,
Thanks, I'll take a look at that again... I don't think I looked hard enough or something, only say two I believe. Thanks for the tip!