Remember me
Lost Password Register

New Dive Shop!
05-23-2003, 07:43 AM,
New Dive Shop!
Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you know about the Grand Opening for a new dive shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota. It's called Pink Barracuda Dive Shop and is located at 515 Washington Ave. If you have the time, stop by and say "Hi". We would love to get to know you. We have some great activities planned for the season and a trip to Utilla Honduras next March.
05-23-2003, 09:10 AM,
Re:New Dive Shop!
Hi doxiepb,
congrats on the new shop! good luck in the new venture.
Just curious, are you having a certain "grand opening" day or weekend, or event?
I get to D.L. on occassion.. I'll be sure to stop in.
Say, I actually saw on the Northwest Divers website a link to your shop..affiliated?
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
05-23-2003, 08:57 PM,
Thanks Fred! Hope to see you soon. The Grand Opening is this weekend through Monday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nope, I'm not affiliated with Northwest Divers, we just work together on events and get togethers since we are both SSI shops. So far the opening has been great.

05-25-2003, 10:41 PM,
Good luck with the store doxiepb. Wehn you get a chance send your store information to webmaster@mnscuba.com. We will add it to the dive shop store listing on the mnscuba.com website for you.
--Jason
05-26-2003, 08:53 PM,
Thanks to all of you that helped make my Grand Opening a complete success! Smile I hope we can get together again this summer for more great diving.
05-31-2003, 05:54 PM,
What an awesome Dive Shop! Big Grin Seriously, that is the nicest Dive Shop in the area...Large...lots of room...plenty of merchandise...convenient for the diving in lakes area. Signed up for prizes at Grand Opening and I won...thanks...I never win anything ;D. I will definitely be in your shop this summer.
"Look at that MELON!"
07-17-2007, 03:14 PM,
Re: New Dive Shop!
I saw that this dive shop is now going ut of business. Very sad, only 4 years!
07-17-2007, 05:19 PM,
I guess we need to get more people intrested in SCUBA diving. Any ideas?
07-18-2007, 09:43 AM,
We could also. press for divers to quit taking the super cheapy route to diving by buying everything from the internet.  Our local dive shops are the true source for diving.  Make sure you find one or several that you like and feel treat you right, and give them your business.  This is the one of the only ways that these LDS's are going to continue to survive.  I assure you that i have many times wanted to get my items 25% or more cheaper online BUT....i cannot get the service, repair, maintenance, airfills and kind conversation on line..that i can get from my LDS.( if you are going to disect that statement and prove to me that you can ......then you are exactly who i am talking to).....I hate to see dive centers go out of business.  While there are often times many factors to their demise, i feel that customers play a roll in both their survival and success.

keep your business with your LDS.............

and i dont even work for one!
Oops Did I really say that?????
07-18-2007, 06:01 PM,
Well said Dean, very well said.
Sometimes we forget that the personal touches are more valuable than the initial savings that we think we are getting.

I also do not work for a dive shop...... too busy diving Wink
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)