Remember me
Lost Password Register

Discovery Channel tonight 05/28 - 7:00
05-28-2003, 05:00 PM,
Discovery Channel tonight 05/28 - 7:00
I just caught a few seconds of a blurb on Discovery Channels "Remarkable People/Medical Mysteries".. I saw a quick photo of a "no limits" freediver... Tanya Streeter maybe, or the late Audry M., so there might be something of interest there on what the body goes through under pressure. It's at 7:00 so it's on pretty soon. Sorry for the late notice.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
05-29-2003, 07:35 AM,
Re:Discovery Channel tonight 05/28 - 7:00
What did you find out?
05-29-2003, 12:14 PM,
Re:Discovery Channel tonight 05/28 - 7:00
Chris,
It was kinda a documentary on Tanya Streeter's "no limits" record attempt of 525' and the practice dives the days before leading up to that. She did complete it..most interesting thing to me about it was the fact that during the first count down to start her dive she passed out at the surface from packing too much.. and just shortly afterwards (after a very brief recovery) was given the go-ahead by the judges to do her dive anyway.
One other thing.. they kept mentioning how the pain of a broken ear drum could cause them to black out under the water... I have a hard time relating to this as when my eardrum broke there was ablsolutely NO pain. I would think there would be more relief than pain...like with a bursted eardrum from an ear infection.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?