Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving the Mall of America! (MOA)
12-13-2003, 02:44 PM,
Diving the Mall of America! (MOA)
Its that time of year to find other adventures (Yea right!). Anyone interested in diving the MOA (Mall of America aquarium)? Last year the max number of divers in a group was 5. If there are 5 people , we can get a small reduced rate because we are a dive club (so to speak!). I will call and check on the avail days we could go during the week. (I think it is an evening during the week and a day on either Saturday -or- Sunday). You spend 1/2 the time in their fresh-water aquarium and the other half in the salt water side. You needed an exposure suit (full length) and a hood (still don't know why on the hood thing but...).

Let me know if there is any interest in diving out there. Looking for something probably after the holidays (January OK?)

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
12-13-2003, 07:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-13-2003, 07:06 PM by scubafreak.)
Re:Diving the Mall of America! (MOA)
I would be interested in "Diving The Mall of America" on a weekend day.
David A. Torry<br />Cell (612)799-4333
12-13-2003, 10:18 PM,
I'm interested. January 2 is after the holiday's right? Wink
12-13-2003, 11:55 PM,
Hmm, things have been hectic with the holidays and I guess I've missed what's been going on here for a while..

I could be convinced to dive at MOA just so I can get wet before the Black Beard's thing in late Jan....

Count me in...
PADI - AOW, DPV, Dry Suit, Wreck, TDI Nitrox
65 Dives and growing.
Deepest Dive - 132' Lighthouse, Bonaire
Deepest Wreck - 130' Hilma Hooker, Bonaire
12-14-2003, 09:48 AM,
I just went a few weeks ago...and it was awesome. The hood is required because several of the fish like ears and long hair. If you don't get five, I might be interested in going again, it was a lot of fun and I am ready to get wet again, and I don't know if I can wait until spring!
Enthusiasm is contagious. Start an epidemic.
12-14-2003, 05:40 PM,

Sure , Jan 2 is after the holidays. I will call them this week and get available dates!!! Looks like good interest so far...AWESOME!!! ;D
WaterPanda: Thanks for the hood information...I thought thats what it was. Chrisw and I have been "attacked" by those hood-sucking sturgeons more than once! Wink

Jean Smile
12-14-2003, 06:49 PM,
Jean,"Thanks for the hood information...I thought thats what it was. Chrisw and I have been "attacked" by those hood-sucking sturgeons more than once!"
I know, they are vultures! However I found they liked to suck on my tush and legs more than my head. ???
Enthusiasm is contagious. Start an epidemic.
12-15-2003, 01:38 PM,
i'd love to go again.

please note: one of those suckfish also tried to unmask me!
12-15-2003, 01:53 PM,
I might be interested in one later on like in Feb. or something. Early Jan. is too soon for me. Sounds like there is already enough interest for the Jan. one though. I played spectator at one last year, it looked like a good time. Smile
12-15-2003, 03:27 PM,

That I remember very well!!! (I wish I could have gotten a picture of it) If I can wear a dry-suit , I will GO ALSO!!!

Jean