Re:Diving the Mall of America! (MOA)
Looks like we have 6 divers interested;
Scubafreak - weekend
Punky
Mix
ChrisW
Waterpanda ?
Jean ?
What are the rules for this other than the hood?
12-17-2003, 11:19 AM,
Don't forget me. Wink
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
12-17-2003, 12:50 PM,
No freediving >Sad
Cold and dark down there huh?
12-17-2003, 12:53 PM,
No freediving >Sad
[/quote]
Bummer, that would be a pretty easy dive for you freedivers too since it's not very deep.
12-17-2003, 01:35 PM,
I am still a *maybe* depends on the date.
Rules and reminders that I recall...
need 3 divers to schedule
need hood, gloves, full suit, BC, reg, mask, fins...anything I am forgetting...
they provide weights and tank
Don't forget your C-Card! Big Grin
I brought a camera with...the photos did not turn out >Sad
Beware the giant turtle named Calypso - she likes shiny things (i.e. silver fins) One of the employees had to drag her off after she attempted to take a bite out of one of mine
Enthusiasm is contagious. Start an epidemic.
12-17-2003, 03:49 PM,

Interesting enough , I got a great pic of Calypso last time I was there. She did get close as I recall. Made a good subject!
It looks like we have 7 divers interested now. (No Chadwick , I did *NOT* forget you! :o)
We would have to split into 2 groups. But WaterPanda and ScubaFreak are date dependent so I will just start throwing out dates and see what happens. Sound good? :-\
BTW: I will try to put some Feb dates out there for those like Lonnie that would like to do this at a later time (Feb onward). It seems like we definately have enough interest for more than 1 trip!

Jean Big Grin
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
12-18-2003, 07:59 AM,
This really shows how much the site has grown... first year nothing, second year we got our 5 but it took some time, this year we're close to having enough for 2 outings! Smile

Cool
12-18-2003, 01:44 PM,
You will all have a blast! When I fed the sturgeon last year (they give you worms to feed the fish), they swarmed over me and knocked me on my back and pinned me down! Kept nipping at my head (that's why the hood reqmnt) and at my hands.
Calypso is a blast. In the shark tank, I rose off the bottom (they keep you kneeling on the bottom for safety) to get a look at her as she swam by and the dive guide gave me a poke with her shark stick to get me back on my knees. Beware, the guides are more dangerous than the sharks!
Dan L
12-18-2003, 02:21 PM,

You got that right , Dan!! I got chastised for moving just outside the protective sphere on our last trip over there...(got a threatening jab thrown my way :o )

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
12-19-2003, 09:23 AM,
To you MOA divers - how long where the dives? How deep? Can you 'log' 'em? Thanks ~ Mark Y
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy