Remember me
Lost Password Register

Drysuit
05-30-2003, 09:47 PM,
Drysuit
I'm going to try out one of the Diving Concepts drysuits at the demo days. Has anyone tried these out or have any consumer feedback on this brand?
GO DIVING!
06-03-2003, 08:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2003, 08:49 AM by Freedive WI.)
Re:Drysuit
Good suit, great price. Many of my friends have switched over to these from DUI.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
06-03-2003, 09:45 AM,
Try Derrick who posts on this board. He has had one for about a year.

JoelW
06-03-2003, 10:07 AM,
Myself and Dave at the shop have bought them with the drygloves, really liked the suit and gloves. We do sell them too.
06-03-2003, 10:52 AM,

What were the reasons for the switch? (features? price?)
06-03-2003, 11:43 AM,
I've had the Diving Concepts Ultra Flex Pro for almost two years. It is a trilaminate. I think it is a great suit, very well made and would highly recommend it to anyone. I also use the DC drygloves and love them. The boots are nice and warm. A single pair of socks keep my feet toasty even in 34 degree water.

When I bought it, I didn't know squat about drysuits. I've made a couple of modifications and plan on adding 2 pockets and a p-value.

Initially I had problems with air trapped in the boots unless wearing ankle weights. Of course with ankle weights, it is harder to keep horizontal without finning. This winter I had boots two sizes smaller put on and now I don't need ankle weights.

My other mod was swapping out the CEJN connector for the industry standard DIN on the inflator value. I didn't realize that diving concepts shipped their drysuits with the CEJN connector as stardard unless the DIN connector is requested. I received the CEJN connector with an inflator hose but didn't realize until I purchased a backup hose that didn't work with the drysuit. It wasn't a problem until I recently started using argon. I couldn't find a local dive shop or one online that could sell me a 24" hose with a CEJN connector unless custom made. Diving Concepts recommend that I just swap out the connector. I did for about $5 at a LDS.

Derrick
06-03-2003, 12:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2003, 01:20 PM by Freedive WI.)
Chris,

They switched because they could get a custom suit, that really is a "true" custom, for the price of a stock DUI suit. DUI custom suits are whichever pattern they have at the factory that most closely matches your body.
Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin