Remember me
Lost Password Register

Free fun dive Wed. June 4th
05-31-2003, 03:43 PM,
Free fun dive Wed. June 4th
Get ready for this weeks fun dive. Jean, Dan, and I will be finishing the scooter class first thing while divers go fun diving. We will BBQ around 8:00 and then it's time for the Great Snail hunt. Bring a mesh collection bag of some sort for this dive and a waterproof watch. The snail hunt will begin around 8:45. The winner of the snail hunt will recieve a $25 gift certificate. No snails will be hurt during this event. As usual there will be free BBQ, and onsite airfills. Divers usually meet between 6:00 and 6:30 at Golden Acres on the south side of Square Lake. Everyone is welcome, and we hope to see you there.

Happy Diving,
Richard
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
06-03-2003, 09:02 PM,
Re:Free fun dive Wed. June 4th
Jean, Richard,
I can't make the Wed dive!!!!! Work/travel overload.
And I'm going to miss the scooter tour...can't believe it.
I'm sad.
Prob won't be diving again til week of 6/16 or 23.
Dan
Dan L
06-05-2003, 09:50 AM,
Our thanks to the SD&T gang for putting on a really fun Wed night gathering. There were five of us in the Great Snail Hunt. I can't believe Rich went out there , in the dark , and counted all those snails in the bags. NOW THATS DEDICATION. And the night dive afterwards was very cool , as usual. The fog on the lake was really neat too. Saw a beatiful rainbow trout too...
All in all a wonderful night of diving and brat eating , of course!!! Oh , between the 5 dives , we nabbed almost 1000 snails in 10 minutes. Can you believe that???

Jean Smile

P.S. I finished my skooter class too.....YE-HAAAAAAAAA
And I also figured out how to silt someone out with the
prop wash (by accident , of course :Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
06-05-2003, 12:18 PM,
As the person in the prop wash silt cloud I am withholding judgement on whether I think that it was an accident or not.

JoelW
06-05-2003, 02:51 PM,
Yummm... brats and escargot.... good times
--Jason
06-06-2003, 10:18 AM,
Joel, are you going to flutter around taking that kind of abuse from Jean? You should get scooter'in if for no other reason than to protect your manhood. I had a lot of fun on Wednesday, except for getting chewed up by bugs while counting all those snails. I'm glad there were only 5 contestants. I've got a message into Ron about the pontoon rental for next week, but I haven't heard back yet. Hopefully all will be well.

Happy Diving,
Richard
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
06-06-2003, 12:46 PM,
Hi Smile
I had fun meeting and diving with all of you this past Wednesday at square lake. The snail hunt was fun.
Thanks for the brats and the use of your dive light Richard,
I felt like I was a barge on the Mississippi with that light.
I had my first diving MIA a little Trident lite stick. Don’t trust the little plastic clip it comes with.
Not a big deal I just picked up a second one.
You guys and gals are cool!

Chips-Ahoy 8)
06-06-2003, 01:38 PM,
Thanks for coming out and diving with us. I noticed you were shining quite brightly down there. Made my light look quite lame , let me tell you!!!

Welcome to the board , Chips...

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH