Remember me
Lost Password Register

See anything interesting under the water this past weekend?
06-01-2003, 11:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2003, 11:28 PM by freedivernd.)
See anything interesting under the water this past weekend?
neatest thing I saw this time out was a school of about a dozen walleye :-\. Did find an old tin minnow bucket and some other junk/garbage.. water is turning in some of the D.L./Vergas area lakes but vis is still generally good.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
06-02-2003, 09:07 AM,
Re:See anything interesting under the water this past weekend?
How does an ATV sound??? Along with a lounge chair about 5 feet away from it... SPOOKY!!!

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
06-02-2003, 09:22 AM,
Jean, which pit did you find the ATV? Sounds cool. Did anyone find the S10 pickup?
06-02-2003, 09:26 AM,
I saw a lot of mud, and sticks, and mud...
--Jason
06-02-2003, 09:39 AM,
N.E. Corner of Pennington. Same road you take to Mahnomen except you make a left instead of going between the pits. Easier to show than to tell...

Jean Smile
06-02-2003, 11:08 AM,
Last weekend I did a couple of dives in Calhoun. Not a whole lot to see, but we found these strange outcroppings on the bottom in about 25' of water. At first it looked like a huge, old tree trunk partially buried in muck. On closer inspection, it obviously wasn't wood, as it had sort of a spongy consistency with lots of holes, like swiss cheese, and was dingy white/gray in color. It was a good 10-15' long and several feet high. We found a couple of them.

Anyone seen this stuff before and have any idea what it is?
06-03-2003, 11:49 AM,
We did find the truck its a 1990 ranger in 110 feet. I did a solo dive in louise on sunday morning and had the opportunity to dive with the loon out there. One of the loons is getting really friendly with the divers. He/She is swiming around the divers, about 6 feet away. coolest thing i've seen this year. We also saw some cool caves in Maraco which is north of louise about 4 miles. Fun lake and no you are not able to swim into the caves they are to narrow, you could see light on the other side. There were also huge northerns and some big bass in the shallower waters. later Jason.
06-03-2003, 01:40 PM,
Don't forget that nasty lookin' dead duck I spotted laying on the bottom at about 30' with the eyeball sticking out. Wink
06-03-2003, 02:02 PM,
EUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....
Good thing smells don't travel in water...BLECH....Now thats a job for the bullheads...and the turtles...etc...

Jean
06-03-2003, 07:41 PM,
How deep was the atv? you wonder if someone just got tired of it breaking down and thought.... here goes!!! or was it a diver that just added to the "stuff" to look at? stolen? this time really taken away from the kids for good Smile. been there long? did it look salvageable?
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?